Wednesday, December 16, 2015

One Layer Christmas Cards

Hello Dreamers!
Having fun here.  We had two trees in the front yard cut down yesterday and are having three cut down in the backyard tomorrow.   I know it sounds brutal, but the trees are so over grown and don't fit the space any longer.   I will re-landscape the front and back this spring.  I will have all winter to make my plan! You know I love to garden.  I am already missing my garden at our old house.  So, this is just what I need.  Can't wait to get my herb garden started this Spring.

Now, how about some Christmas cards?
I have been playing around with single layer cards since my favorite glue is no longer made.  (Don't get me started!!)   I refuse to go back to tape runners.  I came up with some fun single layer ideas and will share them in two posts.   Away we go!

I used some Holiday stamps I had in my stash and stamped on White CS.

Card #1
I stamped with black ink and  kept it simple with a plaid ribbon.





Card #2
Stamped (Amuse Studio stamp set) with Brown ink and added a checkered ribbon.




No glue needed.  Just a drop of Fabri-Tac on the ribbon.

Entering my One Layer Christmas cards in:
Amusing Challenge: Happy Holidays
Holly Jolly: anything goes Christmas

I will be back with a hand made wreath and more one layer cards in the next few days.  See you soon!!  Hope you are having a super Wednesday!!  Love ya.
Karen

2 comments:

  1. One layer cards are fantastic, they take less time to make and don't cost the earth in postage! Love them both but the image of the first is irresistible, very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful CAS cards. Very cute. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this week. Hope to see you back here again in 2016. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.