Monday, December 2, 2013

The Twenty-Five Days of Christmas Day Two

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to Day Two of The Twenty Five Days of Christmas!!
   And Blog Candy!!

I will be showcasing a different Christmas card each day of December from the 1st through the 25th.  I have tried to keep most of the cards mail friendly without lots of heavy embellishments.  I send out over 75 Christmas cards and I really  want them to be easy to mail.  On Today's cards I used an embossing folder to create the focal point.





Materials:
Stamps:Various Holiday Sentiments
CS: Cream, Dark Green; Soft Suede and Chocolate Chip from Stampin' Up
Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Brilliance Pearlescents Pigment ink
Clear Embossing Powder
Silver Stickles glitter glue
Silver Ribbon
Reindeer Embossing Folder-Darice
Background made with Template and spray inks






After dry embossing the card stock I used the direct to paper method of applying ink to the raised portion (the reindeer).  On the first card, I used Vintage Photo DI.  On the second card, I used pigment ink and then sprinkled clear embossing powder over and heat embossed.


And, don't forget the blog candy.  I purchased some new items and shared some of my stash.  Here it is!!



Ways to Win the Blog Candy:

  1. Leave a comment on any of the 25 Days of Christmas posts--each time you leave a comment your name goes in the drawing.  So the more you comment, the more chances of winning.
  2. Become a Follower--Leave a comment to let me know!
  3. Post about the 25 Days of Christmas on your Blog--Leave a comment to let me know!
  4. Post about the 25 Days of Christmas on Facebook--Leave a comment to let me know!
See all the details about the Blog Candy on Day One post here.


***********Challenges for my Embossed Reindeer:
Christmas Card Challenges: no stamping--card Two
Sentimental Sundays: traditional Christmas colors--card one
Paper Playtime: anything goes
Through the Purple Haze: Christmas

See you tomorrow for Day Three!!!  Hope you are having a great day and enjoying the Holiday inspiration. Love ya.
Karen

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful very different card..i love it..

    fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them - especially the gilded embossing!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen, I love this card - the 2nd design is so stunning! Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.