Today, I have a fun storage idea to share! I found some gigantic glass jars (the kind used for canning) at my local craft store last week. I saw lots of scope in them. LOL I knew they would be perfect for storing loose items. Here are the 9 1/2" tall jars:
Glass Jars with screw top lids (I found these at Michaels Craft Store)
Bordered Orange Sheer Ribbon from May Arts (356-15-28)
Peach Satin Ribbon
Scraps of CS
Dragonfly die cut from Sizzix
I decorated the jar with ribbon dragonflies! I used a Sizzix die to cut out the dragonflies. Let's get started making our decorated storage jar.
- Place ribbon on top of the die and cut. I covered the die with a scrap piece of CS before running through my Cuttlebug just to hold the ribbon in place
- Cut about 12 dragonflies from the ribbons. Cut the same amount from cardstock
- Cut off the heads from the ribbon dragonflies. You can leave the body on some or cut it off
- Cut the wings off the CS dragonflies
- Glue the ribbon wings to the CS bodies
- Attach the dragonflies to the jar with dimensional adhesive all around the jar
- Tie ribbon around the neck of the jar
- Decorate the top of the jar with a circle cut from yellow CS, a big bow and another dragonfly---for this dragonfly I did not cut away the CS wings, but left them to make the dragonfly more stable
Now, I have a super pretty storage jar! And, guess what I decided to store in my Dragonfly Jar!! You guessed it! My ribbon scraps! How Fun!!
I think this jar would look great with spools of thread or buttons. You could use any size jar as well. Smaller ones would be great to store Markers and pens.
*******A Few Fun Challenges for my Dragonfly Storage Jar**
Make My Monday: ribbon or lace
Paper Playtime: 2 or more ribbons
DL. Art: anything goes
CRAFT challenge: anything but a card
Well, I guess that is it for me today. See you next time! Love ya.