Here I am going all shabby chic again! Today's project is Shabby Circles made with Blockheads stamps that coordinate with Spellbinders die cuts. I used a soft earthy color palette of yellow and green.
Stamps: Classic Circles, Small and Verses, Special Delivery from Blockheads Stamps
Inks: Ginger, Pesto, and Butterscotch Adirondack; Mango Madness and Wheat Versa Magic
Standard Circles, Small Spellbinders Nestabilities die
CS: cream, yellow, green
Scraps of fabric
- Make a square card from green cardstock and rough up the right edge
- Layer with yellow CS
- Distress the yellow layer with Versa Magic inks
- Add scraps of fabric to the lower edge
- Stamp the Classic Circles stamp three times with each of the Adirondack inks
- Cut with three different sizes of circle dies
- Layer the circles on top of each other
- Add to the card front with dimensional adhesive
- Add pearls
- Tear a strip of cotton fabric and tie in a bow
- Add to the card
- On the inside, stamp one circle with Butterscotch ink
- Stamp Thank you from the Verses stamp set with Ginger ink and cut with circle die
This stamp made a nice shabby Thank you card. I can also see this as a Christmas card in red and green. Or, a wedding card in blues and gray with satin ribbon.
And, how about a few select challenges?!!
Simon Says stamp: anything goes
Loves Rubber stamps: anything goes
Papertake Weekly: anything goes
Shopping our stash: no DP
Love to Scrap: use rubber stamping
Well, I had a fun day working in the garden. Put my dahlia bulbs in and planted some veggie plants. Did lots of other dirty jobs like pull out brick edging, pull out all the grass and weed, put the bricks back. Looks really good now. I will see you tomorrow with some ribbon ideas! Have a great day. Love ya.