I am back again today with a fun idea for using some of those small bits of ribbon that we all have in abundance. Don't throw those out! Use them to embellish your projects. I gathered up ribbon scraps in oranges, reds, browns, and cream to jazz up a card. Take a look at the card!---Very Jazzy!!
Finished size: 4 1/2" x 6 3/4"
Willow colored Crinkle Silk ribbon from May Arts
Cream Bullion Trim from May Arts
Scrap Ribbons in orange, reds, brown, and cream
Stamp:Two Vine Scroll (CG174) Hero Arts
Ink: Jet Black Archival (Ranger)
Crafters Workshop Template - Cosmic Swirls
Cardstock: cream, orange, and black
- Make a black card base and layer with orange CS
- Make the background of the stamped piece by placing the Cosmic Swirls template over cream CS and spraying with spray inks
- When the background is dry, stamp the Hero Arts stamp with Jet Black ink
- Add stamped piece to center of card with dimensional adhesive
- Starting at the bottom on the card, begin gluing ribbon by folding the small lengths of ribbon in half and placing a drop of glue on the ends of each piece
- Continue up the sides and finishing with the top of the card
- Trim the ends of the ribbons
I used only scraps for the entire surface, except for the lacy trim and the bow at the top of the card. I did have to cut these two pieces. To cover the ends of the ribbons at the top of the card, I glued a piece of the lacy bullion trim. Tie the wide willow colored silk May Arts ribbon in a bow and glue to the card.
So, now I know you won't throw out those little bits and pieces of your beautiful ribbons! This idea would also be great on scrapbook pages, altered items, and small wall hangings. I am actually going to use this piece as a small wall hanging. I can tuck it in a small space for a pop of color. I bet you are saying to yourself, "But, Karen, how do I store all my ribbon scraps?" Stayed tune for my next post! I have a fun idea for storing your ribbon scraps coming up! And, you guessed, I did use ribbon!! LOL
******How about a few fun Challenges for my Ribbon Scrap Art
Craft-room Challenge:use your scraps
Loves Rubber stamps: anything goes
Paper take Weekly: anything goes
Use It Tuesday: anything goes
Simon Says Stamp and show: use things beginning with "S"----I used scraps, swirls, stamping
Okay, I will see you next time for my ribbon scrap storage idea!! Have a lovely day.