I have been super busy working on restoring my backyard. I planted one new tree and three new shrubs. I replanted 40 hostas that had to come out for the tree removal. I have another tree to get in and some more clean up and that should do it. The gardening has been taking all my time!
My husband is still home sick with pneumonia. He has been sick for over 3 weeks now. The poor dear still is feeling really rotten.
But, with all this going on, I managed to sneak in a few hours to make some cards. I made a series of three cards with Lost Coast Design's Cosmos Collage. This is the second of the series. (See the first here)
- Make a card base from lavender CS (Bazzill)
- Add a rectangle of black CS
- Stamp the image with Jet Black Archival ink on light blue CS.
- Distress the stamped piece with Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord, and Pumice Stone Distress Inks
- Die cut several keys (Tim Holtz die) from CS in different shades of Lavender
- Add keys to card
- Tie a scrap of gray fabric and satin gray ribbon in knot and add to the card
I would like to enter my Lavender Blue Cosmos card in the following challenges:
A Random Thursday Art Challenge: anything goes
Charisma Cardz: 3 2 1 recipe---I used three keys; two colors- blue and lavender; and one stamp
Addicted to Stamps: anything goes
Crafting by Design: anything goes
Simon Says Stamp: anything goes
I will post the third card in this series later in the week. I also have a patriotic/ Fourth of July card ready. I will post the tomorrow or Sat. And, I made a bunch of "bug" themed all occasion summer cards. I used butterflies, a ladybug, and dragonflies. I will be sharing those over the next few weeks. So, lots going on here in Dreamland. I will have photos of the yard too. I forgot to take a photo of one of the beds before I planted everything, but you can see the after! I hope your week is going well! See you soon. Love ya.