Very busy day here in Dreamland. Lots of challenges and a blog hop!! Whew! I am exhausted. LOL Scroll up and down for all the different posts today. There are three.
Also a Note on Blogger Policy: Blogger has changed the Followers set up. You now have to have a Google account to be a follower. I have lost many of my Followers because those without Google accounts are being deleted. Please follow me again and sign in with a Google account if you are one of the ones that have been deleted. Thanks so much!!
Now, on to the good stuff--cards!!
The new Vintage Stamping Challenge theme for the month of February is:
Splatters and Drips
The challenge is sponsored by Flonz Craft Stamps and one random entrant will receive a $20 gift certificate!!
There must be some stamping on your project (no digis please) and follow the theme.
I made a Congrats card and added lots of splatters and drips to a dry embossed background.
Stamp: Swans on Lake Engraving from Flonz Crafts Stamps
Ink: Brilliance Pigment ink Galaxy Gold
Distress Stain - Tarnished Brass
Embossing Powder: Ranger Superfine Gold
Dry Embossing Folders: Stripes and Phrases from Darice
CS: Very Vanilla, Lost Lagoon, and Cool Caribbean from Stampin' Up; Metallic gold
- Make a card from Lost Lagoon CS and add a layer of metallic gold CS
- Dry emboss a piece of Cool Caribbean CS with the Stripes folder
- To make the splatters and drips--on a craft sheet or plastic bag place a lot of the Distress stain from the dauber bottle. Spray quite a bit of water onto the stain. You want it pretty runny. Pick up the watery stain with the brush and flick it onto the CS. Repeat and let it dry. Use a heat gun to set the droplets of stain.
- Wrap the ribbon around this background piece and then add to the card base
- Dry emboss the word Congratulations on the metallic CS and add to the card with dimensional adhesive
- Stamp the "Swans on Lake Engraving" with Galaxy Gold pigment ink and emboss with gold powder. I used the superfine powder because this stamp has a lot of detail and I did not want to lose the detail in the heat embossing process.
- Add a layer of the metallic CS and add to the card
- Tie the ribbon in a bow
Close up so you can see how pretty this image is done in the gold embossing powder. I think the secret is to use the superfine powder. I will use this for a wedding or anniversary card. I would also change out the sentiment and use this stamp for a sympathy card too.
I hope you will take our challenge and link up your project with lots of splatters and drips!! Can't wait to see what you come up with!!
Don't forget to check out the other posts later today: Lost Coast Design February Challenge and Technique Junkies February New Release Blog Hop!!!
I wish you a pleasant day filled lots many hours of crafting time. Love ya