Monday, February 1, 2016

Lost Coast Designs Challenge - Pocket Letters!!

Hello Dreamers!
Welcome back for my third post  today.  Quite a busy day here!  Now, it is time for the Lost Coast Designs February Challenge.  And the theme for this month is the newest craze in paper crafts:

Pocket Letters!!

Quite frankly, I had not heard about these Pocket Letters.  So, good old You tube filled me in.   Basically, it is a collection of ATC's and embellishments placed into a plastic baseball card type sheet.  The sheet has nine pockets and each one gets filled with an ATC and a goodie of some kind goes in the pocket behind the card.  Then you write a letter and put it in one of the pockets; fold it all up and send it to someone.  How cool is that??!!!  I can see why people get addicted to making these.  They are so fun!!  I have a couple more in mind that I am going to make.
I selected a Alice in Wonderland theme for my Pocket Letter.
My ATC's were cut from background papers I made with stencils and spray inks.



This is how the Pocket letter would arrive to the recipient -- In the hand - made envelope and wrapped up with a belly band.  Now I will explain how I made this fun little item.  There are lots of pictures--so grab your cupper (coffee, tea, or hot cocoa) and relax.

Materials List:
Ink: Onyx Black Versa Fine; Mustard Seed and Broken China Distress Inks; Crushed curry dye from Stampin' Up
Spray inks
Stencils
CS: White and yellow
Various Embellishments
A nine pocket trading card plastic page


Make It:

  • Cut nine ATC sized cards from White CS--- I used some background papers I made using stencils and spray inks
  • Stamp the Alice figures with Onyx Black ink
  • Add embellishments to each card and slip each card into one of the pockets



Row 1: Embellishments include lace, washi tape, tags and pearls


Also made a pull out tag with a Drink me tag.



Row 2: Stamp the numbers Border and add tulle and button.  Queen of hearts, of course, has a tiny felt heart and some washi tape.  I added a strip of fabric secured with a staple on the Twiddles.




Row 3: Twine was wrapped around the first card.  Washi tape, ribbon and a mini clothespin in the next. I just attached the ribbon, which hangs down behind the card, with a clothespin and some washi tape--the ribbon can be removed and reused.  Mad hatter has a border of Teardrops.



 I covered the edge of the Trading Card Sheet with more of the blue washi tape.  And added fabric, tulle, ribbon, twine and a tag.  I used Alphabet stickers to spell out Wonderland on the tag.


The back of the Pocket Letter--Now you can see the embellishments that are like the little gifts for your recipient.  I tucked in corresponding extra embellishments in the pockets.  They are the same items that I used to decorate the cards.
Row 1:Pearls, ticket tags, lace.  I secured things with washi tape to make it prettier.  And the washi tape can be reused
Row 2: Fabric strip, Felt hearts (die cut from felt), Tulle
Row 3: Three buttons and an extra card, mini clothespins, red bakers twine



 Make a belly band: make a tube to fit around folded up letter.  Decorate with a doily, tag and ribbon.

I made an envelope from CS.  Use a 12 x 12 sheet of CS.
Score at 3.5 and 8.5 inches
Turn the piece of CS and Score again at 1.5 and 10.5 inches
Trim out the pieces as shown below.  Glue the envelope together.

I hope you will try making your own Pocket Letter.  They really are fun.   And, you can join our challenge and win a prize.  

Also a Note on Blogger Policy: Blogger has changed the Followers set up.  You now have to have a Google account to be a follower.  I have lost many of my Followers because those without Google accounts are being deleted.  Please follow me again and sign in with a Google account if you are one of the ones that have been deleted.  Thanks so much!!


Don't forget to check out my other posts for today:

Hope you are having a good day!!  Love ya
Karen

3 comments:

  1. Love this fun project, front and back!
    This is a great way to display several images together! I can think of some stamp sets I have in my stash that would totally suit a pocket letters. I'll have to investigate...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of work with a great finished creation! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your total package is just stunning, Karen. I pinned this because it's like a primer on pocket letters! Thanks, xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.