Thursday, November 15, 2012

Gold Christmas Angel

Hi Dreamers!
Welcome to Dreamland!  And, look at this dreamy Christmas card.  I choose  shades of yellowy creams--from soft yellow to goldy yellow for a monochromatic look.  This card was made  for the Flourishes Be Progressive Challenge. I thought the challenge seemed like a really fun idea.  Each day another element was added.

  1. Sketch
  2. Monochromatic
  3. Decorative Papers
  4. Bling
Here is my take on the Challenge:





The stamp is Alleluia Angel from Flourishes.  The Music DP is from Websters Pages, the floral from Anna Griffin.  I distressed the second layer of the scallop circle and the dry embossed floral DP with Frayed Burlap Distress ink.




Added some bling with Gold Stickles and a big gold bow.  




I am going to make several more of this design to add to my Christmas card basket.   I may down size them to make them easier to mail.  I will be back tomorrow with a Thanksgiving Card.  See you then.  Love ya.
Karen

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful Christmas Card Karen. The stamp is gorgeous and love your embellishments and the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PERFECTLY DONE!!!!!!!!!!!! :) There's NO BETTER COLOR FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those gold and yellow tones are just so warm and rich Karen! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Your angel looks wonderful and I like the gold touches. Fantastic ribbon. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Progressive Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rich golds! How did I get this behind with visits in only two days?!?
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! Love the image and colors!
    Hugs,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.