I am continuing the Christmas theme here on in Dreamland. I hope you are getting lots of ideas for your own Christmas cards. My little basket of cards is getting fuller, but I still have a ways to go. I have two cards today that feature stamps from Character Construction's Vintage Christmas Set #1. One in blue and one in Green/Gold.
- The cards are made with some of my handmade background papers. See how I make the backgrounds here.
- To make this card follow the tutorial and add the inks: Broken China reinker and Brushed Pewter Stain (Ranger) onto the craft sheet.
- When the background is dry, stamp the image with Black Soot Distress Ink.
- Color dress with a red watercolor crayon.
- Add some glitter glue for even more shimmer.
- Tie a bow in a piece of snowflake ribbon to finish off the card.
- The second card color uses Shabby Shutters Distress ink reinker and Tarnished Brass Metallic Stain (both Ranger).
- When dry, stamp with Black Soot ink.
- Add some color with a red watercolor crayon to the peace on earth label.
- Embellish with Red rhinestones, red sheer ribbon, and gold ribbon.
I am hoping that you can see the shimmer of the Metallic Stain in this photo. (Click on the photo for a larger image.)
See my Christmas Tea Party Place Card using this same stamp here.
I am entering my Shimmery Christmas cards in the following challenges:
Fussy and Fancy: blue
365 Cards: day 260 Gold
Robyn's Fetish: Vintage
Sir stampalot: Christmas
Victorine Stamps: Christmas
Check back tomorrow for a set of CAS All Occasion cards and a pretty pink Christmas Card. Hope you are having a great day. Love ya.