I have been so busy all week making cards for submissions. ----I have 3 tags in the new Just Cards Steampunk II---- Hope you will check them out. To stick with the Steampunk theme, I have a card to share with you today. The main image is The Tin Man from Artistic Outpost. I used images from Blockheads Paper Arts, and Stampin' Up. Here is my Steampunk Tin Man.
- Make card from Kraft CS. Layer the card front with Soft Suede CS(Stampin Up). Cut a piece of the Kraft CS. Stamp Tin Man with Stazon ink.
- Stamp again on a scrap piece of CS and cut out: this will be the Tin Man mask.
- Put the Tin Man mask in place on the Kraft CS. Stamp the Frame with Vintage Sepia ink. Leave the Tin Man mask in place.
- Place the Compass Mask (Ranger) down. With Forest Moss and Vintage Photo Distress ink, add lots of distressing around the edges and the two masks. Keep adding more ink until the original color of the Kraft CS is gone. Remove both masks.
- Stamp the Stripes with Vintage Sepia ink. Stamp the Flying Machine with Black Soot ink and sprinkle clear embossing powder over the Flying Machine only (this will add a little shine to the Flying Machine). Heat emboss. Stamp the Prof Camus sentiment with Stazon ink.
- Add the stamped piece to the card front. Place the brad in the hole of the metal washer. Glue the washer to the card front using Fabri-Tac Glue.
- On inside: Layer with CS. Stamp the Tin Man and Stripes. Use the Tin Man mask again and add the Distress inks. Stamp sentiment in Stazon.
Some really fun challenges for my Steampunk Tin Man Card:
Artistic Outpost: anything goes
365 Cards: say it with flair
Artistic Stamper: anything goes
The Stamp Man: embossing
Ho-ray for the weekend! Going to hang with my bud, Sharon tomorrow and make a card. Then back to work on the submissions! Hope you have a great weekend with lots of creative moments!! Love ya.