Spent the day yesterday at the Toledo Art Museum. A special exhibit of Manet's portrait works is currently on show. Beautiful!!! I could have sat there all day just looking at the gorgeous paintings. To me, beautiful works of art are so uplifting. Came home all relaxed and happy.
Today, I have a very small work of art of my own to share with you.....great sag-way wasn't it? LOL. This project was made for the Blockheads Technique Challenge ----Gold Leafing.
The Challenge is open until October 21. Still time to enter for a chance to win a $25 gift certificate to Blockheads Paper Arts.
See the step by step instructions for the Gold Leaf Techniques written by Leigh. Here is my Crown Border with Gold Card.
Cardstock: Cream, peach, pale blue,and light blue
- I started off with a background I made with a template and spray inks.
- Stamp the Small Crown Border onto the background with Tuxedo Black ink.
- Use a glue pen to draw two line of glue onto the CS.
- Apply the gold leaf.
- Tear the piece to desired size.
- Layer with peach and pale blue CS onto a light blue base.
- Add two gold pearls.
Look how vintagey and glittery the gold leaf is. Love it!!
I hope you have enjoyed all my glittery Gold Leafing cards. (See the other two here and here) I also hope you will give this technique a try. It looks difficult at first, but once you get started, you will find it quite easy. Well, dear friends, have a great day and keep stamping!! Love ya.