Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sparkly Christmas Card

Hi Everyone,
Hope you are having a great weekend.  I have been working on some Christmas cards this week.  I wanted to share one of them with you today.  I used the background technique again I used with the Tea Cup Card recently.  It is a double stamped-double embossed kind of thing.  I haven't thought of a good name for it yet.  LOL  Here is the card.


Stamps: D6905 Hanging Tree Bulb and CC057 Cover a Card Vines both from Impression Obsession.  I stamped the Cover a Card Vines stamp with pigment ink twice on white CS.  Each time using a different color.  Then heat embossed with clear powder.  This was then sprayed with Gold Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angles).  The Hanging Tree Bulb was stamped with Onyx Black Versa-fine on yellow CS (The paper Company)  and heat embossed.  I stamped a second bulb for layering.  The yellow CS was painted with Champagne Mist shimmer ink (Tsukineko) and layered with wine CS (Bazzill).  The second bulb was cut out and layered on to the first.  The snow was decorated with Diamond Stickles.



I added more sparkle with Gold Stickles and more of the Champagne Mist on the edges of the card base.   I placed a gingham ribbon tied in a bow with pleated tails at the corner of the bulb piece.   I cut a white ribbon that was printed with Seasons Greetings and glued over the gingham ribbon..   The photos don't do the sparkle justice.  It is very shimmery.



Challenges for My Sparkly Christmas Card:
Impression Obsession: no DP, have to use IO stamps
Art Impressions: Red, green and metallic
Just For Fun: Favorite Technique ( double embossed background)
Samuel Taylors: Christmas card
Southern Girls: Bingo (I used Glitter, ribbon, and embossing.
Artistic Stampers: Backgorunds


How are you doing with your Christmas cards?  I did get quite a few done this week.  And, I have about twenty in the works.  I stamped and stamped snowflakes.  Some are embossed and some aren't.  Now, I will just go from there to finish up the cards.  Well, you have a great day!  Love ya.
Karen

14 comments:

  1. What a cool technique of the background :) thank you for sharing it with us at Just for Fun and hope to see you again
    Von x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat...I love the way you have designed it. Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Karen, this is phenomenal. I love the technique you used for the BG. Your image is just beautiful and the snow and sparkle is lovely! That ribbon is a winner! Thank you for playing and good luck in the drawing too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super background thank you for sharing with us at Just for Fun XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card and your background is so pretty. Love that ribbon too. Well done on the Chrissy Cards. I have made it to 18 and have a real fear that I will have to buy :-0 cards this year as I am busy the next two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen, this is just so beautiful:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, luv how you attached your bow ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, love the effect you have created with the ribbon Thanks for sharing with us at Southern Girls
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Karen! Awesome techniques used, and as always, a magnificent bow!
    Debbie
    ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a pretty card... Thanks for playing along with The Artistic Stamper challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card and the glitter on it...Thanks for joining our SGC....Tanya :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty background on your card :)
    Thanks for joining in at The Artistic Stamper this month
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like that background technique you have introduced us to. Cool!
    Nice card, love the snow on the tree effect you have got.
    Thanks for sharing with us on JFF - Hugs, Neet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.