Really starting to seem like Fall here in Michigan, USA. Cooler temps and rain today. The Leaves are changing colors and making a lovely show! I finished up the Halloween cards! I will be sharing two of them today and the others will be posted throughout the next two weeks until Halloween. Lots of time left to make a few cards to send out. To create my creepy cards, I used stamps, a die cut tree, and lots of Distress inks.
Stamps: Haunted House-Stampin' Up; Bats -A Muse
Die: Willow Tree -Memory Box
CS: White, Kraft, Yellow, Orange, Gray, Sahara Sand - Stampin' Up
Distress inks: Stormy Sky, Black Soot, Frayed Burlap, Rusty Hinge
- Make a card base from yellow CS (card 1) and Orange CS (card 2)
- Layer with Orange(card 1)/Gray (card 2)
- Stamp the Haunted house with black ink
- Color the moon and windows with Copic Markers
- Color the background with the Distress inks and glue to card base
- Die cut trees from white and Kraft CS
- Distress trees with Distress inks
- Add white tree to card #1
- Stamp Bats
- On the second card, I thought I wanted the tree cut from Kraft CS. But, I thought it did not stand out enough. I layered a second white tree over the Kraft tree letting the Kraft tree show slightly.
- I also added Rusty Hinge to the background on this card--wanted to make the moon look like it was glowing.
*******A few fun challenges for my Spooky House Halloween Cards:
Simon's Monday Challenge: spooky
Lisa's Bloggers Challenge: Halloween
Dream Valley: Halloween
Fashionable Stamping: make a card
Pile it On: Halloween
2 Sisters: colors of Halloween
Crafty calendar: Halloween
Well, I guess that is it for me today. Stayed tuned for more Halloween fun!!! Hope you are having a great day. Love ya.