Back with two more Scary Halloween Cards! This set of cards has the addition of some scary critters. I also used the Memory Box tree die and made backgrounds with Distress inks and stains. Let's look at card #1 with a spooky Black cat!
Materials for both cards:
Willow Tree Die Cut- Memory Box
Picket Fence Die Cut- A Muse Studios
CS: orange, green, white, kraft
Distress Inks and Stains in browns, blues, and oranges
Stamps: Black Cat and Owl-Stampin' Up
Embossing Folder: Notebook Tim Holtz Texture Fades
- Make the card bases from orange and green CS; layer Card #2 with orange CS
- Make the background by dropping Distress Stains and inks on a craft sheet, spritz with water and press the CS into the inks.
- Add Rusty Hinge Distress inks to center of background piece and Black Soot on the edges
- Die Cut Tree from Kraft CS and distress with Vintage Photo ink
- Die cut fence
- Add both die cuts to card
- Stamp Cat and cut out; add to card
- Make Background by dry embossing white CS and distressing with orange and yellow Distress inks;Vintage Photo on the edges
- Die cut tree from White CS and distress with Frayed Burlap Distress ink
- Add tree to card
- Stamp owl and cut out; add to card with dimensional adhesive
- Add a scary sentiment
A few super fun Challenges for my Scary Halloween cards!!
Simon's Monday: Spooky
Simon's Wednesday: Halloween
365 Cards: stamp for Halloween
Alphabet Challenge: S for Scary
Crafts 4 eternity: Halloween
New Challenge Blog!!! Crafty Hands: anything goes
Cut It Up: Halloween
Left of Center: Halloween
Crafty Creations: Halloween
I have a few more Halloween Cards to share and then I will move on to Thanksgiving for the month of November. Stayed tuned for all the Fall Fun!! I have been working on a fabric project--covering a hat box. I will share photos of that when finished. I plan to use the hat box to hold table linens in the dining room. I hope you are having a great weekend. I hope I can get outside and do a bit of clean up work in the garden. It is time to put away all the garden ornaments and clay pots. Getting colder every day here in good old Michigan. So, see you next time for more Halloween Scariness. Love ya.