What a busy week!! Oh, and Happy October!! Wow, I can't believe that it is already October! Where did the summer go??!! I have been busy running around getting some errands done, picking out a new truck, visiting with friends, doing a sewing project, and etc.......
Today, here in Dreamland, let's look at this dreamy elegant Welcome Baby card. This was a special order card for my friend. Her son and daughter-in-law will be having their first baby soon. The request was for a baby card that was NOT cutesy. I think I did good??!!
As you can see, I added some of the papers to the flap of the envelope for an extra special polished look.
CS: Cream, White, Blush Blossom (Stampin' Up retired)
Decorative Paper: Embossed creamy colored paper --This one is from the Bissette pad from SEI
Spellbinders: Circle and Picot Edge Circle
Eyelet Edge Punch
Corner Rounder Punch
Wide Satin Ribbon
Tiny Shell pink Pearls
- Make a top fold card from Cream CS
- Cut and punch the layers:
- two strips of White CS with one edge punched
- two narrow strips of Blush Blossom CS
- Cut the Decorative paper
- One large circle from Cream CS
- One medium Picot Edge circle from White CS
- Assemble the layers in that order (above list)
- Stamp the sentiment (Sweet N Sassy retired) with black ink on Blush Blossom CS and round the corners
- Add the sentiment to the die cut circles with dimensional adhesive
- Add the pearls
- Wrap ribbon around card and tie in a bow
- On the inside repeat the layers
- Stamp sentiment (Blue Ridge Impressions) on white CS
So, you can do a baby card that is elegant and not cutesy. Just use soft colored papers and add the embellishments.
********Challenges for my Elegant Baby Card:
365 Cards: must haves---I just had to have that Picot Edge circle die cut--It can be a background piece or as I have done here, the focal point.
Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party: anything with a sentiment
Simon's Wednesday: anything goes
There She Goes: decorate the inside
Avenue 613: anything goes
PaperTake Weekly: anything goes
!!!!!!!What is coming to Dreamland in October!!!
I will be Guest Designing for the month of October for the 4 Krafty Girlz Challenge Blog. I will be making three project throughout the month---The first project will be posted on the 3rd.
I will also be participating in the 31 Days of Halloween on Leigh's Domino Art Blog on the 5th of the month.
So stayed tuned for all that fun stuff!!!! A very busy month!!
I hope you are having a lovely October day! Take some time to stamp and create. Love ya.