As you know, I have been working on a card order. The customer requested several masculine cards. I wanted to try out a set from Sweet N Sassy stamps that was very masculine. With manly colors, stamped backgrounds and some dry embossing, the masculine cards were a snap. I used the current sketch from Sweet Stop for inspiration on the first card.
Black dye ink
Brown and Gray CS
Tag Die from Sizzix
- Stamp with black ink and color with markers. Go over the image with Vintage Photo Distress ink.
- Follow Sweet Stop sketch for layout.
Card #2-Retirement Card
- Color with a blue marker on this card.
- Computer generate the Cruising sentiment (On the inside, I added a retirement sentiment)
- Create the background with the gears stamp and some other shapes
- Stamp the truck with black ink and color with a yellow marker
- Add twine
- Stamp and color with markers
- Go over image with Distress inks
- Dry emboss background
*******A few fun Challenges:
ABC challenges: color with a marker
Cards for Men: tag it---card #1
Cards in Envy: manly--all the cards are relatively flat. Did not use any dimensional adhesive--easier for my customer to mail!
Love to Scrap: anything goes
Paper Playtime: use 3 different papers---card #1
Sweet Stop: sketch---card #1
Stayed this week for some pic's of my garden--getting towards the end of summer here. I will also have some fun cards made with a Memory box tree die. Very fun! Hope your day is going well. Love ya.