A few weeks ago I won some really cool Blog Candy from Memory Box Design Team member, Bibiana!
Check out Bibiana's Personal blog too. The blog candy was a die cut called Willow Tree from Memory Box. Bibiana asked if I would make a sample and send it to her. Well, I made two samples and here is the first card--which is not spooky.
Willow tree die -Memory Box
CS: White, Bashful Blue, Pear Pizzaz (Stampin' Up)
Distress Inks: Tumbled Glass, Bundled Sage, Forest Moss, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo
Dye Ink: Rich Cocoa Memento
- Make card base from Bashful Blue CS and layer with Pear Pizzaz
- Using a fairly large piece of white CS, die cut a tree
- The waste will be used as a stencil/mask
- Lay the waste/stencil/mask on top of a piece of White CS
- With stipple brush apply Tea Dye and Vintage Photo Distress inks to color in the tree
- Remove the mask
- Using the stipple brushes and the Distress inks, add more color onto the white CS--blue for sky, greens for leaves and add to the card front
- Add the White die cut tree to the card allowing the "shadow" of the tree peek out
- Stamp a sentiment with Rich Cocoa ink and tear out
- Add a ribbon tied in a knot and some tiny pearls.
And, now for the Spooky card!
Willow tree die -Memory Box
Stamps: A wood/tree Grain stamp, Halloween Owl-Warmest of Wishes Set from Stampin' Up, Sentiment from A Muse Studios
CS: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Black, and Cream all from Stampin' Up
Ink: Chocolate Chip-SU: Toffee Crunch-Memento
Owl Punch-Stampin' Up
Spellbinders die to cut sentiment
Black satin Ribbon
- Make a card base from black CS and layer with Soft Suede
- On the Crumb Cake CS stamp the wood grain stamp with Toffee Crunch ink
- Die cut the tree from the wood grain stamped piece and add to the card front
- Stamp the Owl with Chocolate Chip ink and punch out
- Color the treat bag with orange marker
- Add to tree branch with dimensional adhesive
- Stamp and die cut the sentiment
I really loved working with this fun Willow Tree Die Cut !! And, I have showed how easy it was to make a Summer card and a Fall card with the same die. I will be using it to create a few more Halloween cards and Fall cards and lots more. Thanks to Bibiana and Memory Box!
*********Challenges for my Tree cards:
Card a day: Autumn/ Halloween
Craft-Room: trees or leaves
Cuttlebug Mania: back to nature
Loves Rubber stamps: anything goes
4 Krafty Girlz:---A new challenge blog---anything goes
As you like it: favorite tree---love this tree die cut as it is so versatile and can be used on cards and altered projects
Aud Sentiments: any sentiment
Addicted to Stamps and More: anything goes
Simon's Wednesday Challenge: animals
Well, I guess I slipped this post in--Surprise!! So, the next post will be some of the cards I am making to fill that order. Have a great day!! Love ya.