Friday, May 31, 2013

Lovely Ophelia in Kraft Cardstock with The Stampsmith

Hi Dreamers!
Oh, boy!  My air conditioner died on Wednesday.  Spent the whole day waiting for the repairman yesterday only to find out that a new system was required.  Installers are supposed to come later today.  Trying hard to stay cool.  Fortunately, it is not too hot, but very high humidity.  I should have air by tonight!!  Well, enough about the weather and these housekeeping things!

Let's look at a card.  Today, I have a project made with the Medium Ophelia stamp by The Stampsmith.  I used Kraft CS and Kraft decorative papers for my backdrop.




  • The image was stamped with black dye ink on smooth white CS and cut with a die.  






  • Three different DP's were used for the background--the Kraft are from Basic Grey, the blue from 7 Gypsies.  
  • The Kraft CS is from The Paper Company.






  • A brown ribbon was tied in a bow and tiny ecru pearls were added for embellishments
  • Repeat the papers on the inside

I did not add a sentiment yet.  I will add one when the card is sent.  That way I have a nice selection of blank cards already when I need one in a hurry.  I store them in decorative boxes.  


And, how about a few fun Challenges for the lovely Ophelia!
Charisma Cardz: divas
Crafty Ribbons: anything goes with ribbon
Crafting by Design: anything goes
Simon Says Stamp: anything goes


On Saturday, a new Stampsmith Challenge will begin!  I have something already to show you--but, you have to wait until tomorrow......  I hope you are having a great day!  Love ya.
Karen

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! So rich and elegant! :) Hope your A/C is fixed soon, and thanks for playing along in our "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous card... Do hope you get your AirCon back up and running very soon!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! Love that stamp! Sorry your air broke:hope you're cooling off by now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card!
    Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.