We had Card Ministry this week. We had plenty of cards made and did not really need too much. So, the members decided they wanted to learn something new. I had learned how to make cards with napkins and wax a while ago from my stamping buddy Elaine Fellows. This is the technique I demonstrated to the members at Card Ministry. It is fairly easy--very messy. But the finished product is pretty impressive. Check it out.
I stamped directly onto the wax with Stazon ink for the butterfly card.
Butterfly Napkin by Ideal Home Range
A block of wax--the kind for making candles. (I purchased from Michaels Craft Store)
A Craft Iron or a small travel iron. (Do not use you regular iron--you will get wax all over it!)
Rooster Napkin from Amscan, Inc.
- Cut area from napkin that you want to make your card from
- Separate the napkin layers
- Lay the napkin on top of white CS
- Lay down lot of layers of newspaper to protect your work area--this is very messy
- Heat up the iron
- Run iron over the block of wax
- Run the iron over the napkin to transfer the wax
- Repeat until the napkin is completely adhered to the cardstock--usually about four layers of wax.
- Make two if you want to add a dimensional layer.---As on the butterfly and Floral cards
See the cool effect of the wax! Very antiquing!
I added a fun sentiment of the inside ( Firecracker Designs)
And, a couple more views. I cut out the flowers and used dimensional adhesive to bump them up.
And, how about a few fun challenges for my Napkin Wax Cards!!
Simon Says Stamp: things with wings
Creative corner: things with wings
My time to craft: show us the inside--rooster card
Sister act: anything goes
Fashionable Stampers: anything goes
I am still working on my studio room. Worked on it all day yesterday. I decided to wash the walls and windows too. LOL I removed the old blinds and replaced them with new ones. I was able to get my old table unloaded and removed from the room. Also removed a few other pieces. I have lots to do yet. Haven't even started putting together the desk with hutch. That will probably have to wait until Monday. Have a great weekend. Love ya.