I am back with a really fun image from Lost Coast Designs called Face with Butterfly. I made two pretty different cards with this stamp. On the first card, I also stamped the Iron Works Border repeatedly on a background of brown packing paper. On the second I stamped on white tissue paper. As you can tell, I don't throw out all those interesting papers that come with shipped orders. LOL (I purchased all my inks and Markers from Blockheads Paper Arts.)
- Start by making a card base from Kraft CS and layering with a bright green CS.
- On brown packing paper---the kind that is used to cushion items during shipping----stamp the Iron Works border stamp with Rich Cocoa Memento ink repeatedly.
- Stamp the Face With Butterfly with Tuxedo Black Memento ink.
- Color some of the stamped areas with Distress Markers by Ranger.
- Crumple the stamped brown paper and add some Tumbled Glass Distress ink.
- Add to card
- Tie a knot in a piece of ribbon and hand gather the tails.
The second card is a bit different from the first card. On this card, I stamped on white tissue paper.
- Make a card base from Blue CS and layer with wine CS
- On a piece of white CS, stamp the Face with Tuxedo Black Memento ink
- Color this image with Copic Markers using bold colors. Don't bother to do any shadowing and shading.
- On a piece of white Tissue Paper, stamp the face again.
- Position the Tissue paper over the stamped and colored image matching up the images exactly.
- Wrap the edges of the tissue paper around the white CS and glue.
Love this soft effect that results from overlaying with the stamped tissue paper!!
I would like to enter my Face With Butterfly card #1 in the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge:
Use a background stamp in an interesting way or use a stamp to create a background.----------
I used a border stamp to create an interesting background.
The weather is beautiful here in good old Michigan today!! Already 70 degrees F!!! So I am going to head outside and get a bit of work done in the garden. Lots of old dead stuff to cut down. Doesn't that sound like fun!!?? Sure! I will be back later this week with a Spring in Paris card made with Stampsmith stamps. OHHH! That will be fun!!
I hope you are having a great day in your little corner of the world. Love ya.