Enjoying a nice rainy day here in Michigan. Hoping to get a walk in between the raindrops. And, what a perfect time to do a bit a of blogging and say hello to everyone. Today's project is an elegant lady pictured on a Folded Tag card. I used a die cut to cut the card (more on that below).
- Begin by cutting a folded card with the large tag die.
- Place the folded edge of the card 1/4 inch away from the bottom cutting line on the die.
Cutting edge Fold of card
- Stamp the lovely lady---From the full sheet called Belinda and Friends by The Stampsmith on glossy white CS with Coffee Archival ink.
- Cut an arch on the top of the stamped image.
- Add it to the folded tag card.
- Distress the edges with Vintage Photo Distress ink
- Add some tiny pearls
- On the inside stamp the sentiment from the Say It Like It Is full sheet from The Stampsmith with Coffee ink and distress edges.
- Make the tie: the die will cut the hole in the top of the arch.
- Place a large button on the front and the backside of the front.
- Thread a narrow ribbon in a large eye needle and loosely sew the buttons to the card.
- Thread a long piece of sheer ribbon through the hole in the back of the card and tie in a knot.
- Add large beads to the ends of the ribbon.
- This ribbon will wrap around the buttons to close the card.
View of the inside -card unfolded
View of outside - card unfolded
What a fun card to make! I think it would be fun to do a set of the these and use each one of the images from The Belinda and Friends set. That would be a nice gift to put in a little gift bag for someone special.
Challenges for my lovely lady Folded Tag Card:
Crafty creations: anything but a square
Papercraft Star: use a stamp
Rhedd and rosie: monochromatic
word art Wednesday: anything with an uplifting sentiment
So, let's see. What will have for you next?? Oh, how about some funky Lost Coast Designs projects??!! Okay! Stay tuned for that. Hope you are having a great day! Love ya.