This month the Blockheads Design Team will be showcasing projects using Grungeboard. So, for today, I have two pins made with grungeboard to share with you. I used letters, a butterfly, and pre-cut striped shapes, and dots embossed grungeboard to build the pins.
Grungeboard letters and shapes
Distress Inks- Vintage Photo, Barn Door, Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade, Scattered Straw, Dusty Concord, Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans
Embossing Ink ( I used Emboss It -Ranger. Versa Mark would work too)
UTTE embossing enamel
The first pin is called "B is for Butterfly"
- Coat all the pieces with gesso or white paint - something to to act a s a base coat. Molly at the Blockheads store used Picket Fence Stain from Ranger.
- Let Dry
- Apply Distress ink to all the pieces. I rubbed the pads across the pieces to get maximum coverage
- "B" is Butterfly- Faded Jeans on base circle, Dusty Concord on B, Tumbled Glass on butterfly
- "Art" Pin -Scattered Straw on square base, Spiced Marmalade on A, Fired Brick on R, Barn Door on T.
- Heat set the Distress ink
- Cover the pieces with Embossing Ink
- Heat emboss with UTTE embossing enamel
Nice glossy look with the UTTE
- Let the UTTE cool
- Distress each piece with Vintage Photo Distress ink--I found that this really bought the colors to life. So, don't skip this step.
- Draw around the outside of the pieces for the "B is for Butterfly" pin with a metallic marker
- Glue the pieces to the base using a strong glue. I used Fabri-Tac. Hot glue would work too.
- Glue a pin to the back of each pin--I picked up the pins from the jewelry section of the craft store
Challenges for my Grungeboard Pins:
Simon Says Stamp and show: anything goes
Country View: butterflies
Desert Island: use three
1 - Make it colourful (lots of colours
6 - Shiny
7 - 2 dies or more
Emma's Cards: butterflies
Unstampa Belles: anything but a card-no stamping
Craft Embellies: anything goes-3-D projects
Okay, hope everyone had a great Holiday weekend. We had a nice family dinner on Sunday. Temps have gone way back down into the 30's! Burr! Going for a walk anyway! I hope your day is super nice! Love ya.