How is your week going? Well, I hope! Today's project is a fun memory page I made using Grungeboard Letters and shapes. All of the designers at the Blockheads Design blog have been showcasing Grungeboard all month. I had this great big letter "k" and was trying to think what I should make with it. I decided on a memory page with of photo of myself (much younger of course). I keep paper pads with watercolor paper or mixed media paper. And, sometimes when I have all my supplies out, I make a background on the pages. Then I have these nice pages to play with. This is one of those pages in the watercolor paper pad.
Stamps: Swirls from Whimsical - Take Flight Blockheads stamps
Inks: Forest Moss and Faded Jeans Distress Inks
Royal Satin Kaleidacolor Pad-Green
Grungeboard Letters and Shapes
Mini Harlequin Crafters Workshop Template
Watercolor Paper pad
Brown Sharpie Marker
- Make the background with the Crafters Workshop template and spray inks on watercolor paper. I did a tutorial on this quite a while ago
- Add the stamping--stamp with the distress inks and the green on the Kaleidacolor pad.
- Distress the edges with all three inks.
- Paint the Grungeboard letters with Gesso, white paint, or Picket Fence Distress Stain. Just something to put a base coat on the Grungeboard. I used Gesso
- Let dry
- Apply the Distress inks to the Grungeboard pieces
- Using a Brown Sharpie marker, outline the edges of the letters.
- Glue the large "K" to the page.
- Layer the photo with Navy, Tan, and dark Green CS and add to page
- Arrange the smaller letters on the circles and glue to the page.
- Add a big bow with teal ribbon.
Such a fun project! I think I will make more of these with other people!
Challenges for my Memory Page:
Simon Says Stamp and show: any color medium
Fashionable Stamping: sentimental
Art With No Boundaries: show your art
Crafting by Design: oh baby
Crafty Creations: no decorative papers
Well, I guess that is it for me today. I will be back with a Glamours Girly Birthday Card. Stay tuned for that!! See you soon. Love ya.