Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Funny Face Memory Page with Grungeboard

Hi Dreamers!
How is your week going?  Well, I hope!  Today's project is a fun memory page I made using Grungeboard Letters and shapes.  All of the designers at the Blockheads Design blog have been showcasing Grungeboard all month.  I had this great big letter "k" and was trying to think what I should make with it.  I decided on a memory page with of photo of myself (much younger of course).  I keep paper pads with watercolor paper or mixed media paper.  And, sometimes when I have all my supplies out, I make a background on the pages.  Then I have these nice pages to play with.  This is one of those pages in the watercolor paper pad.




Materials List:
Stamps: Swirls from Whimsical - Take Flight Blockheads stamps
Inks: Forest Moss and Faded Jeans Distress Inks
Royal Satin Kaleidacolor Pad-Green 
Grungeboard Letters and Shapes
Mini Harlequin Crafters Workshop Template
Spray Inks
Teal Ribbon
Photo
Watercolor Paper pad
Brown Sharpie Marker





Instructions:

  • Make the background with the Crafters Workshop template and spray inks on watercolor paper.  I did a tutorial on this quite a while ago
  • Add the stamping--stamp with the distress inks and the green on the Kaleidacolor pad.
  • Distress the edges with all three inks.






  • Paint the Grungeboard letters with Gesso, white paint, or Picket Fence Distress Stain.  Just something to put a base coat on the Grungeboard.  I used Gesso  
  • Let dry
  • Apply the Distress inks to the Grungeboard pieces
  • Using a Brown Sharpie marker, outline the edges of the letters.
  • Glue the large "K" to the page.








  • Layer the photo with Navy, Tan, and dark Green CS and add to page
  • Arrange the smaller letters on the circles and glue to the page.





  • Add a big bow with teal ribbon.


Such a fun project!  I think I will make more of these with other people!


Challenges for my Memory Page:
Simon Says Stamp and show: any color medium
Fashionable Stamping: sentimental
Art With No Boundaries: show your art
Crafting by Design: oh baby
Crafty Creations: no decorative papers


Well, I guess that is it for me today.  I will be back with a Glamours Girly  Birthday Card.  Stay tuned for that!!  See you soon.  Love ya.
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.