Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Very Vintage Butterfly

Hi Everyone,
I am back today with another Stamping Vacation Challenge blog Design Team card. This one is for the Very Vintage challenge and this month the challenge is to use:

Newspaper

The prize is a $15.00 gift certificate for Cardmad Fairy and there will also be a $10.00 gift certificate to Scrap Attack!


Using newspaper sounds easy enough doesn't it. I also used the sketch from Crafts 4 Eternity to get me going. I changed it slightly. I omitted the square.




I had this Chinese newspaper in my stash. I think it came in a big bag of scraps I picked up at a stamping/knitting store last year. Take a look at the card and then I will explain how I made it.


This is a A2 size card. I started with a card base made from Bravo Burgundy Textured CS (Stampin' Up). I tore strips of the newspaper and distressed them with Vintage Photo distress ink (Ranger). I glued the strips of newspaper down onto the card at an angle. I added a strip of fabric and a piece of lace (I lightly added some distressing ink to the lace). I had this doily in my stash (no source). I distressed it with Vintage Photo. The Butterfly is a digi image from Cardmad Fairy. I painted it with Twinkling H2O's and went over it with Vintage Photo ink. I cut out the image and added to doily with dimensionals. The lovely sentiment is from My Sentiments Exactly! which I stamped with Bravo Burgundy ink (SU). I also added two rows of gold brads. And here are some detail shots:


And, since I decorated the inside too, I thought I would show you that.


This little butterfly is in the same set as the sentiment from My Sentiments Exactly.

Other fun Challenges for Vintage Newspaper Butterfly:
Crafts 4 Eternity: Vintage and a Sketch
Other Lovelies: The Letter N - newspaper
Wednesday Stamper: Heavenly Creatures-What is more heavenly than a butterfly?
Well, I guess that's all for me today.
Karen

11 comments:

  1. lovely creation, perfectly fitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow lovely thanks for playing at StampinSanity
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is a fluttery creation Karen! The colours are superb! Hugs, Ira

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its absolutely gorgeous, love how you used the newspaper and that butterfly is stunning. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! Love how you colored the butterfly and the inside of the card too. Thanks for joining us at StampInsanity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card. Thanks for playing with us at c4e. keeleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way cool! Thanks for playing along with other lovelies thoughtful thursdsays challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SUCH a great project! I LOVE the lace doily/circle - how perfect!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at StampInsanity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply STUNNING!! I LOVE this!! Thanks SO much for playing along with us at StampInsanity!!




    ENJOY LIFE!
    Jacquie/Javablustamper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! Thanks for joining us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.