Friday, December 10, 2010

My Last Christmas Card...I Think!

Hi Everyone,
Just a quick post today. I have another Christmas card for you today. I think this will be the last Christmas card design for the year. I am going to make about 12 cards from this design and that should be it . I am closing the list! This is a quick and easy card. Take a look.




I used a Cuttlebug folder , cut the piece to size and layered. I added a pretty ribbon, some gems, and a sentiment from My Sentiments Exactly. Cs: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip from Stampin' Up. Ink: Chocolate Chip from SU and a metallic gold to add color to the sentiment tag. Here are some detail shots.



Challenges for Christmas Holly:



Simon Says Stamps: NO Red or Green



Aud Sentiments: Use "Happy Holidays"



ABC-Challenge: J is for Jewels and gems


Paper Pals Art: FashionInspiration Photo

If the Shoe Fits: Texture



Told you this would be a quickie. I got most of my Christmas cards in the mail yesterday. I will hand deliver some to my neighbors too. You have a great day. Oh, we have snow here today. Not much. Just enough to make everything all white and pretty.



Karen

11 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous - simple but so effective. Elegant colors and love the ribbon!

    I'm so glad you were able to join us for our Aud Sentiments challenge.

    Happy Holidays to YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is beautiful, love the simple look .. fantastic xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may be quick and easy but it looks absolutely wonderful! Distressing the background makes the embossed parts stand out really well! Have a great weekend Karen, Ira x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the embossed image! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card! Beautiful embossing. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!! I love the embossing of the holly. Thanks for playing along with us at Pals Paper Arts!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gorgeous card, its beautiful.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. very pretty! i love that embossing folder ;) thanks for playing along at the Shoe!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely gorgeous! love the warm feeling it gives!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes the quickies are the best!

    Thanks for joining in the fun at Aud Sentiments

    Rx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.