Welcome Hoppers!! Today is the Technique Junkies November New Release Blog hop!! Another fabulous release collection from Technique Junkies!! All the new releases will be on sale thru Nov. 8, 2016 ----15% off!!
You have arrived here from Cheri's Blog. Great project from Cheri!!
You may wish to start at the beginning of the hop with the Design Junkies blog
for more details and the blog hop role.
I used two of the November new releases to make a glittery winter card. I will use this as a holiday card, but it could also be used as a winter thinking of you or birthday. For the layout design, I used one of the Technique Tutorials from the Dec. 2014 Newsletter. Take a look:
Technique Tutorial: Diagonal Popped Strips from December 2014 Newletter
Ink: black dye; Platinum Color Box pigment
CS: White, silver and white dry embossed heavy paper - DCWV
Blue and Silver Ribbon
- Make a card base from white dry embossed heavy paper
- Stamp the Snow Swirls with black die ink on white CS and trim to a 4" square
- Cut the silver CS into a 4.25" square
- Follow the tutorial for the Diagonal Pooped Strips to complete the center of the card----Note: I added a layer of velum to each strip
- Cut 4" square from Velum and cut into strips in the manner described in the tutorial
- Distress the edges of the Snow Swirls stamped srips and the velum with platinum pigment ink
- Glue the velum pieces to the top of each stamped strip
- Add to the base with dimensional adhesive in the manner described in the tutorial
- Stamp the sentiment on velum with black ink; cut to size and glue to the front of the card
- Wrap tulle around the card and tie in a knot
- Tie ribbon in knot around tulle
Super pretty!! I think this would make a great holiday decoration too. I am going to place it on an easel and set on an end table. Oh so fun....
Your next step on the hop is Kathy, the Crafty Nurse! And, you will enjoy checking out her super project!!
Don't forget to pick out your favorites and grab them during the sale!!
The Design Junkies also are having a Christmas Event starting Nov 11. We are all making Holidays projects for the 30 Days of Christmas!! There is a special sale involved too!! Check back on Nov 11 for all the details! I think you are going to enjoy all the holiday ideas and inspiration!! ************
Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy the rest of the hop!!