I have been having a busy week. Working in the yard and crocheting more baby gifts. Of course, I still made time to make a few cards for the ladies. Today's cards were made with a stamp from the April New Release collection by Technique Junkies. This stamp is perfect for Mother's Day cards. Take a look
Ink: Victorian Velvet, Spun Sugar, and Fired Brick Distress inks
Paper: Mixed Media pad from Strathmore
- Punch the top edge of the pink CS with the spiral punch
- Distress the pink CS with Spun Sugar and Fired Brick ink
- Tear a sheet of the mixed media paper torn from the pad-keeping the spiral edge in tacked
- Ink Elegant Mum with Victorian Velvet ink and stamp on a sheet of the mixed media paper torn for the pad--don't cut off the spiral edge
Note: don't clean your stamp! The Distress ink is very wet! So, I stamped a second image--you will see it on the second card later in this post.
- Add Spun Sugar ink to the stamped image using the direct to paper method ( no tool needed-just gently sweep the pad across the paper)
- To the centers of the flowers, add Fired Brick ink with a stencil brush
- Heavily distress the edges and add to the pink CS base
- Stamp the Sentiment, punch, and distress
- Punch a second label from pink CS
- Layer both labels over a piece of lace, gathered ribbon and some pearl trim
Perfect for a Mother's Day Card!! Just stamp a sentiment on the inside and you are good to go. That is what I will be doing with both cards!!
This is the second stamp impression I made without reinking the stamp. I stamped on a soft cream CS and added a layer of white. The card base is lavender CS
I layered some pretty fibers onto the card --a ruffled ribbon, burlap rick rack, and white tulle. Another perfect card for Mother's Day!!
So glad you stopped by today! Lots going on in Dreamland over the several days. Technique Junkie New Release for May coming on Sunday! What??!! Where did April go, right? Also a Lost Coast Design Event is going on too. My post will be tomorrow (Friday). And, I will have masculine birthday cards to share!! So see you again tomorrow!! Love ya
Craft Rocket: pink and pearls
Addicted to stamps and more: anything go
Simon Wednesday: anything goes
Retarte: anything goes
Pinspirational: photo inspired--I was inspired by the floral motif and the sentiments
Shopping our stash: ink but no coloring