Friday, April 29, 2016

Cracked Critters with Lost Coast Designs

Hello Dreamers,
Welcome to the Cracked Critters Event with Lost Coast Designs.  What are Cracked Critters you ask??  They are a collection of totally whimsical stamps  that were inspired by cracks in sidewalks!!!  Works for me!  Check out all the Cracked Critter Stamps here.
I used the several stamps from the collection to make a cover for my "Idea Journal".

Here is the Journal before:

 I started my "Idea Journal" because I got tired of having all these little slips of paper everywhere.  On each piece of paper, I had jotted down a color combo, sketch, technique idea, etc.....  One bright sunny day I said to myself, "Duh, put it all in a journal".  So it began.  Here is look at some of the things in my journal.  I left open space here and there to add samples later.



 Now, take a look at the finished cover!



Materials List:
Ink: Black Archival
CS: white, green, teal, and slate green
Coloring: Twinkling H 2 O's watercolor paints; Distress Markers; Distress Inks (Faded Jeans, Mustard Seed, and Bundled Sage; and Distress stains (Vintage Photo and Peeled Paint)
Twine
Paint Brush


Make It:

  • Cut a piece of white CS the size of the journal cover
  • With black ink, stamp Large Cracked Bird and Cracked Tree
  • Stamp Cracked Grass and Sky twice



  • Paint the background with the Twinkling H 2 O's
  • Add in more detail with the Markers
  • Squeeze out some of the stain and pick it up with a wet brush; add for details and shading
  • Use the distress inks on the edges
  • Using a strong glue, adhere the piece to the cover of the journal
  • Add a strip of dark teal CS at top and a piece of twine



  • Stamp out "IDEA" using the License Plate Alphabet; cut out each letter and distress with Mustard Seed ink
  • Stamp Journey from Misc Words Set with gray ink
  • Add the words to the cover



Aren't these Cracked Critters just so cute??!!  I had so much fun with these.  There are lots more critters in the collection, so be sure to check them out.  I know you will find your favorite animal in a cracked version.  LOL  And, for an added bonus, I have all my ideas in one place now and don't have to go looking through a stack of scrap paper and sheets of paper to find them.  It is all good in the day of a crafter.  Head over to the Portal to Creativity Blog and check out all the other projects!!  Lots of inspiration there.
See you soon for more craftiness.  Love ya
Karen

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.