Welcome to the Cracked Critters Event with Lost Coast Designs. What are Cracked Critters you ask?? They are a collection of totally whimsical stamps that were inspired by cracks in sidewalks!!! Works for me! Check out all the Cracked Critter Stamps here.
I used the several stamps from the collection to make a cover for my "Idea Journal".
Here is the Journal before:
Now, take a look at the finished cover!
Stamps: Large Cracked Bird On Wheels, Cracked Tree, Cracked Grass and Sky, License Plate Alphabet, Misc Words Set
Ink: Black Archival
CS: white, green, teal, and slate green
Coloring: Twinkling H 2 O's watercolor paints; Distress Markers; Distress Inks (Faded Jeans, Mustard Seed, and Bundled Sage; and Distress stains (Vintage Photo and Peeled Paint)
- Cut a piece of white CS the size of the journal cover
- With black ink, stamp Large Cracked Bird and Cracked Tree
- Stamp Cracked Grass and Sky twice
- Paint the background with the Twinkling H 2 O's
- Add in more detail with the Markers
- Squeeze out some of the stain and pick it up with a wet brush; add for details and shading
- Use the distress inks on the edges
- Using a strong glue, adhere the piece to the cover of the journal
- Add a strip of dark teal CS at top and a piece of twine
- Stamp out "IDEA" using the License Plate Alphabet; cut out each letter and distress with Mustard Seed ink
- Stamp Journey from Misc Words Set with gray ink
- Add the words to the cover
Aren't these Cracked Critters just so cute??!! I had so much fun with these. There are lots more critters in the collection, so be sure to check them out. I know you will find your favorite animal in a cracked version. LOL And, for an added bonus, I have all my ideas in one place now and don't have to go looking through a stack of scrap paper and sheets of paper to find them. It is all good in the day of a crafter. Head over to the Portal to Creativity Blog and check out all the other projects!! Lots of inspiration there.
See you soon for more craftiness. Love ya