Time for a new challenge on the Love To Scrap Challenge Blog!! We have a fun new theme that will get your wheels turning.....
Running in Circles
Make a project with lots of circles and some stamping.
There are two lovely sponsors for the challenge.
Prize: 3 images to winner
Prize: 3 images to winner
For my design Team project, I used a super cute Steampunky image from Lacy Sunshine. I added lots of circles to my card---of course!
Stamps: digi image Maddie Haddie Steampunk Secret Window from Lacy
CS: Solar White Neenah; Rich Razzleberrry, Pixie Pink, and Med Pink from
Stampin' Up; Black; Wine
Dye Ink: Melon Mambo- Stampin' Up
Distress Ink: Picked Raspberries
Big Scallop Circles SM die from Spellbinders
Embossing Folders: Gears -Tim Holtz; Spots and Dots - Cuttlebug
Small Circle Punch
Scrap of White Lace Fabric
Scrap of black trim
Decorative Pearl trim
Chain (from a broken key chain)
3 D Zots
- Make a 5.75" square card from Wine CS and layer with Black CS
- Dry emboss the Pixie pink and Med pink CS with the two embossing folders
- Trim the Pixie Pink to a 1.5" strip
- Apply distress ink to the raised areas of the dry embossing
- Add both embossed pieces to the card front
- Print the digi onto the Solar White CS
- Make sure the ink is dry before coloring
- Color the digi image with Copic Markers---Note: to make the red hair, I used R05 and R22
- Die cut the image with the scallop circle die
- Add to the card front with 3D Zots
- Add the embellishments: Gather a scrap piece of lace fabric with needle and thread, but before gluing it down, insert the stick pin into the top of the lace
- Add the black lace scrap, pearl trim, and chain with a good glue--I used Fabri-Tac
- Curl the wire around finger to create the curly q's and glue the wire to the card
- Stamp the letters ( Alpha Dots from My Sentiments Exactly) to spell out "Mad Tea Party" with Melon Mambo Ink
- Punch the letters with small circle punch
- Add the letters with dimensional adhesive
**********Challenges for My Steampunk Mad Tea Party:
Come and Get It: use dies
Crafting when we Can: bright colors
Lacy Sunshine: summer
That Craft Place: steampunk or autumn
CCC Digi Creations: pearls and lace
Punk You Girl: anything goes with Gothic, dark or steampunk
Really fun project! I like the unusual combination of the cute Steampunk image with all the wire and chain. I hope you will make your own project with circles and head over to the Love to Scrap Challenge Blog and link up!!! See you next time!!
I will have photos of all the goodies from the Heirloom stamping show tomorrow. I spent most of Saturday there and found lots of cool stuff and cool people. Very fun!!! Love ya.