Monday, November 4, 2013

Hat Boxes--Decorated with Fabric

Hi Dreamers!
I finished my decorated Hat Boxes!!!  I have been working on them for weeks.  Now, I know they are not a paper craft or a card, but I thought you may like to take a look at them.  The hat boxes are large ( 16 inches diameter) and they are made from wood.  I picked them up at a garage sale this summer for $3 bucks each.  Fabulous deal!!  Here are two  pics of the  hat boxes before decorating.  Aren't they awesome!!









I covered the hat boxes with home decorator fabrics.  The Toile is the fabric I used to make the draperies in the dining room.  I had about 1.5 yards left over from the drapes to cover the box.  The second box is covered with the fabric I used to recover the dining room chair seats.  I used Fabri-Tac glue to put everything together.





I added lots of trims and laces.




I padded the top of this box and added some hand made satin roses, vintage laces, doilies, wired ribbon, and a pretty bird.



On the second box, I added lace, trims, and pearls.  I wanted this box to have a flat top so I could stack them.  






Third Box


On this hat box, I tied knots in sheer ribbon and layered it with white tulle.  Also used the pearls here.





I tied a a bow in the ribbon and one in the tulle and glued them together.













I have the two boxes stacked here in my dining room.  Look to the right of the boxes.  See that kind of messy pile of table linens on the shelf?  I am going to store all those linens in the hat boxes.  The boxes can sit here on the floor and look pretty.  And, I gain another shelf for my china pieces.  How great is that??!!










So, back to cards on the next post.  I have been making some Thanksgiving cards.  Some I cased from various sources.  I have to finish those up and take some pics.  Stay tuned for that.  I will be starting on Christmas cards soon too.  Well, I hope you are having a lovely day and I am so glad you stopped by.  Love ya.
Karen

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Karen - they look absolutely beautiful... the sort of thing people will pay a fortune for in up-market Home Deco stores... bravo!

    Sorry I've not been around much... heavy work schedules on the back of a major house move (leaving the family home of 40 years) mean I've got loads of catching up to do (on sleeping as well as crafting and visiting!)...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen this is quite gorgeous! i love to see your wonderful work! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous keepers, Karen!~! You are so creative! What lovely gifts they would be too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.