Cold here today in Michigan. We has a little dusting of snow this morning. It is all melted now, but still cold. So, let's warm things up a bit with a vintage style card. I used Paper Artsy stamps on a background that I made with a Stencil/template and spray inks.
Stamps: Lynne Perrella set "Nina" from Paper Artsy
Inks: Ginger Adirondack, Perfect Plum - Stampin' Up
Distress Ink: Antique Linen
Spray inks in brown and purple ( Walnut ink and Tattered Angels)
CS: Kraft, cream, scrap of dark brown and purple
Template: Mini Harlequin - Crafters Workshop Templates
Fibers: Brown Twill - Jo Ann Fabrics; Purple Scalloped edged ribbon - Stampin' Up
- Start by making the background --lay the template over the CS and spray with one color of ink
- The way to get the depth and almost reverse image look to the background is to flip the template over onto a clean piece of CS without cleaning the template and spraying more ink.
- Let backgrounds dry
- Make a card base from Kraft CS
- Stamp keys and circle with Ginger and Perfect Plum inks
- Add background to card base
- Stamp the lady on cream CS with Ginger ink
- Tear out image and layer onto torn pieces of purple and brown CS
- Add a piece of scallop edged ribbon and a tied piece of brown twill ribbon
- Use some of the scraps to decorate the inside
********Challenges for my Paper Artsy Vintage Card:
Simon's Monday: mystery Technique
Paper Artsy: inspired by Liz's collage stamping
4 Krafty Girlz: anything goes
I have something special planned for the month of December. Not going to tell you yet what it is!! I want to surprise you. LOL. I have been working on "this" all month and am still working. So, stayed tuned for that. To finish out the month of November, I have one more vintage card with Paper Artsy stamps. That project will be posted soon. I hope you are having a great weekend. Love ya.