As you know, I love to make my own backgrounds. I have been at it again..... My project fits in perfectly with the Simon's Monday Challenge---A Mystery Technique. Can you guess how I made the backgrounds??? I was also inspired by the guest designer over on the Paper Artsy blog to use stamps to create a collage effect.
Have you guessed how I made the background? Oh, I will tell you now. Check out the list of materials and that will give you a clue.
Ink: Jet Black Archival; Bordering Blue - Stampin' Up
Distress Ink: Pumice Stone
Spray inks and Glimmer Mists
CS: Cream, black, Sage Shadow _Stampin' Up (retired)
Crafters Workshop Template- Mini Capricious
- Start by making the background --lay the template over the CS and spray with one color of ink
- The way to get the depth and almost reverse image look to the background is to flip the template over onto a clean piece of CS without cleaning the template and spraying more ink.
- Let backgrounds dry
- Stamp with black and Bordering Blue inks
- Distress edges with Pumice Stone DI
- Layer onto Black CS and a card base of Sage Shadow
- Add ribbon and black lace
- Add one of the pieces left over from trimming to the inside. Still lots of room to write a note.
A few fun Challenges for my Paper Artsy Quote Card:
Simon's Monday: Mystery technique
Paper Artsy: be inspired by guest designer + PA stamp--I was inspired to create a project with a collage style stamping like the sample that Liz made on Tuesday.
I have two more Paper Artsy cards to share! So, check back in a bit!! See you soon. Love ya.