I have been playing with a fun new stamp from Lost Coast Designs called Sitting Harlequin. I came up with two pretty different projects using the same stamp. One this first card, I stamped a large background stamp, Yourba Adire (also from LCD) twice in two different color palettes.
- I stamped the background by covering the large stamp with 3 shades of the same color family Distress Inks- greens and reds/oranges.
- The green stamped background was sliced up into strips.
- I created lots of color and textural interest by layering the strips over the red colored background.
- Stamped the Harlequin with black ink
- Color with Markers
- Tie a sheer green ribbon around the card.
- Slip a piece of red velvet (that has been cut with pinking shears) under the bow. Secure with a dab of Fabri-Tac glue.
The second card is made with the same Sitting Harlequin stamp. I created a different type of background for this card.
- Cover an acrylic block (the kind you use with your clear and cling stamps) with gray pigment ink.
- Press the block onto white CS.
- Heat set the gray ink
- Stamp the Harlequin with blue pigment ink and heat emboss with Pearl embossing powder. -----All pigment inks and embossing powder are from A Muse Studios.
- Layer onto black and blue CS.
- Add black/white bakers twine and rhinestones
I just love the shimmery effect of the blue pigment ink and Pearl embossing powder!!
How about a few fun challenges for my Harlequin cards??!!!
For Card # one
Mandarin Orange Monday: orange artwork
Eclectic Paperie: use fabric
365 Cards: add texture
Crazy Amigo: color challenge-red, orange, yellow, black, white
Tuesday Alchemy: anything goes
Oh, I guess that is about it for me today. I still have not started on those Easter Cards. I cleaned my house today instead. Still trying to think of something I can make for Easter that will be quick and easy. I may just do something with pretty papers, ribbon, and a sentiment. Not sure though. Well, I hope you are having a great day. We had snow last night. Yuk. Winter is still hanging on. See you soon. Love ya.