I am back after a few days off. We had a really nice weekend here in Michigan, weather wise. Temps in the 60's. So, took advantage of that and spent some time outside. Back in the 30's with snow flurries today! Crazy.
This month, the Blockheads' design team has picked the theme---Travel. We all wanted to show you fun ways to use your travel themed stamps. The project for the today, makes me think of far-a-way places. I used some dreamy stamps from Paper Artsy (available in the US from Blockheads).
Stamps: Paper Artsy-LPC010 ( Nina) and LPC013 (Maria);
Blockheads stamps- Willow single or on the Japanese Musicians half sheet
Inks: Onyx Black VersaFine, Cottage Ivy Memento, Forest Moss and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.
Spray Inks: yellow, blues and blue greens
Mini Splats Crafters Workshop Template
Mint Green Wide Satin Ribbon
Needle and thread
- Begin by making the background with the Crafters Workshop Template and spray inks. (For more info on making this type of background see my tutorial here.)
- Stamp the lady with Onyx black ink. Make a mask and stamp the Willow stamp with Cottage Ivy ink on the edge.
- Stamp the circular stamp with Cottage Ivy and Onyx Black using the mask over the lady image.
- Distress the edges with Distress ink.
- Layer with Teal, aqua, and black CS
- Make the poofy ribbon arch on top of the card.
- Run a few hand stitches on the ribbon starting and ending stitches a few inches from the ends.
- Pull up the thread to gather.
- Glue ungathered ends to underside of card front.
- Tie a knot in another piece of the ribbon and add to lower edge.
- Add Pearls
Let's Travel around blog land and enter a few challenges!!
Simon Says stamp and Show: shabby chic
Flourishes: add some green
Really Reasonable Ribbon: ribbon and green
Paper Artsy: use PA stamps, or wood, or paints
Thanks for taking the journey to far-a-way places! Stay tuned this week for more fun projects! I am going to try and get a few Easter cards made this week too. See you soon. Love ya.