Welcome to new followers!! So glad you have joined us here in Dreamland. Travel is the theme today. All the designers on the Blockheads' blog are showing ideas for using your travel themed stamps. We are traveling to the far east today. I used my mono printing Plate to create a background that perfectly showcases this Asian style stamp.
Stamps: Japanese Moonlight, Japanese Musicians, Vintage Travel (the sentiment) all from Blockheads
Inks: Northern Pine Memento; Black Soot Distress Ink - Ranger
Lulu Lavender Memento Marker
mono printing Plate
Oriental Weave Set and Corners and Damask set-Embossing Folders from Cuttlebug
- Make the background with a mono printing Plate, acrylic paints, white CS, and embossing folders
- When paint is dry, stamp the Geisha, flower, and Sentiment with Northern Pine ink
- Color the flowers with the marker
- Distress the edges with Black Soot ink.
- Layer onto a dark Lavender card base and dark green CS
- Add Lavender rhinestones
- Add the ribbon detail -- run a line of Fabri-Tac glue along edge of card.
- Pleat the ribbon pressing it into the glue.
- Tie a bow and glue to top of the pleated ribbon
- On the inside, stamp the flower and color with marker
- Sponge a bit of the Northern Pine ink on the edges.
- Leave lots of room to write a nice note to someone special.
How about a few fun challeges!!
Craft Your Passion;ribbon or lace
Kaboodle Doodles: anything with frills
Pause Dream Enjoy:anything goes
Mark's Finest: green
I did get a few Easter Cards finished. I made them quick and easy. I used some pretty papers, rub ons, and some pre-cut shapes. I also found some tulips that I had stamped previously. I will share those with you this week.
Check out my Published Work page for updates. You can find my work in Take Ten, Scrap and Stamp Arts, and Just Cards this month.
Hope you had a great weekend and your week has started off well. I will be back tomorrow with something to tempt you to get out those stamps and make a few cards. Hope you have a great day! Love ya.