Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Unlimited Fun with a Template and Blockhead Stamps

Hi Dreamers,
Happy Valentine's Day!!  Hope your day is sweet!   I am having a great day here.   We are getting a little snow here in Michigan, so the view out the window is pretty.  I have been playing with my Crafters Workshop template again.  Boy, oh boy, I went crazy.   Here is just a small sample of all the backgrounds I made.




You can check out more ideas and the tutorial I posted on this page.   When I was working with my template this time I discovered that really, really cool result were had by NOT cleaning the template off between uses.  I just kept flipping it over and spraying it again, and flipping it and spraying again onto a new piece of CS each time.  You get some really subtle colors with this technique.   The two cards I want to share with you today are the result of this continual flipping and spraying technique.    I used two of my favorite stamps from Blockheads stamps to make the cards.  The  Bizarre Carnival Girl and Jester.


Materials List:
STAMPS:  Carnival Girl and Jester
Grunge It up
Verses-Special Delivery
TEMPLATE: Mini Harlequin-Crafters Workshop
INKS: Vintage Sepia-Versafine
Raisin Adirondack-Ranger
Malted Mauve and Pink Petunia-Versamagic
Stormy Sky Distress Ink-Ranger
DISTRESS STAIN-Faded Jeans- Ranger
SPRAYS: Glimmer Pink and Gold
CARDSTOCK:White, Cocoa Brown, Teal Blue
EMBELLISHMENTS: Pearls from Kaiser Craft, Silver Pearls, Lace, Ribbon, Ribbon yarn.




I started with White CS; sprayed Pink and Gold Glimmer Mist over the template.  The Carnival Girl is stamped with Vintage Sepia.  I stamped three images from the Grunge It Up set with Pink Petunia.  I distressed the edges using the direct to paper method with the Malted Mauve Dew Drop pad.    The Sentiment is stamped with Raisin.





I cut a piece of ribbon and rolled one edge and glued it down.  I added some lace and ribbon yarn .   Here is a look at the inside.  This sentiment if from the Verses- Special Delivery.  



The second card is made with the Carnival Jester.  This background is the result of starting with White CS and Faded Jeans Distress stain.   I made one or two backgrounds with it.  And then without cleaning off the template, I flipped it over and sprayed it with gold glimmer spray.  This is probably a 2nd or 3rd generation image made without cleaning off the template.  



Again, I used the images from the Grunge It Up set and the Malted Mauve Versamagic ink.  I also distressed with Stormy Sky DI ( using a distressing tool) and Malted Mauve (direct to paper)



I added a few silver pearls for embellishments.  Here is a look at the inside.  I can write a little note on the inside.  


Challenges for my Distressed Template cards:
Simon Stamp and Show: Anything goes
Truly Madly Crafty: ribbon and bling
Fashionable Stamping: monochromatic and one color
Lets ink It up: ribbons and lace
Paper Sundaes: Cream , blue, distressing,and pearls
Stamptacular Sundays: Pearls and lace
Allsorts: free and easy
Poisoned  Peas: free style

All my Valentine's Day cards went out and I hand delivered a few this morning.  Hope you have a great day!!  Love ya.
Karen

19 comments:

  1. Karen
    I love the colours and such beautiful end results.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creations in wonderful colors. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, awesome stamping, I love everything about your project. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, good luck with the challenge. Hugz Suzanne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, awesome stamping, I love everything about your project. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, good luck with the challenge. Hugz Suzanne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab card
    thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards, love your backgrounds. Thankyou for joining us at FSC this time.
    Meggymay/Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think half the fun of stamping and inking is the experimenting and discovery of new techniques...wonderful stamping, and great effects!
    Thankyou for joining us this fortnight at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These have such dimension, Karen. It looks like there are layers, where it's only one with lots of stamping. That's magical!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the faded harlequin check you've used as a background here, it really gives a subtle elegance! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful, love the pink and gold together. Thanks for playing with us this week at Stamptacular Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card and great inky background, love the colour choice with this image.
    Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous creation thank you for joining us at Lets ink it up. Good luck in the draw.
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool technique- love it anytime you get to skip cleaning off the stencil! Why didnt I think of that!

    www.mel-designs.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely love what you've been doing with the template Karen! That's quite a collection you've got going now ;0) The cards you made from them are stunning! Great job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  15. AW, Karen these are remarkable. love your backgrounds and little computer tricks! Very well put together. Thanks for playing with us at LIIU!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are just gorgeous Karen. The backgrounds are beautiful and the stamping on the cards is lovely.
    Thanks so much for joining in with the FSC monochrome +1 challenge.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  18. How serendipitous! I just purchased this template (I found it irresistible)and was catching up on your blog. Amazing cards - great colors! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.