Monday, February 6, 2012

Some Bunny Loves My Favorite Things

Hi Everyone,
Hope you had a great weekend.  How about that Superbowl?  Pretty good game I thought.  I am still making Valentine's.   I made this sweet card with  images from My Favorite Things.   The set I used is called Warm Fuzzies.  With a name like that you know this is a super cute set.  Here is my card.




Materials List:
Stamps: Warm Fuzzies from My Favorite Things
Ink: Tuxedo Black from Memento
CS: Solar White from Neenah; Blush Blossom and Cameo Coral from Stampin' Up
DP: K & Company
Copic Markers
Classic Oval Large Spellbinders Die
Die-namics File Folder  from My Favorite Things
Swiss Dots Embossing Folder from Cuttlebug
Pearls from Kaiser Craft
Tulle

I stamped the image with Tuxedo Black dye ink and colored with Copic Markers.  Die cut and emboss the colored image and DP with the Spellbinders.  Glue image to Die cut DP.  Make card base from Blush Blossom and layer with DP.  Cut a smaller piece of the Blush Blossom and Cameo Coral.  Run the piece of Cameo Coral through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots folder.  Die cut a File Folder Tab from Cameo Coral.  Stamp the sentiment on the tab with black ink.  Glue Tab to back of Blush Blossom CS; layer with dry embossed Cameo Coral.  Add both to card front.  Look how sweet this image is.  (That's why they are called My Favorite Things.)





To finish up the card, I added some accents made from Beige Tulle.  I tied a bow with a narrow strip cut from tulle.  Glue the bow to the top of the stamped piece.  Add a pearl to the knot.  To make the tulle rosettes:  Cut a narrow piece of tulle about 18 inches long.  Cut a small scrap of CS.   Add a good quality glue to the scrap.  I used Fabri-Tac.  Wrap the tulle strip around two fingers.  This makes a rosette like shape/bunch.  Glue the tulle to the CS scrap.  Press it down into the glue.  Add a pearl to the center.  Glue to card front.   Add some small pearls along the edge of the stamped piece.




I would also like to enter My "Some Bunny" in:
 I Copic Hearts challenge.
Incy Wincy: love, pink, white and black
Lexis Creations: Love
Stamps R Us: Valentines
The Pink Elephant: pink
Simon Says: Animal Antics
Card Making Mamas: valentine

That's about it for me today.  Check back tomorrow for more Valentine's fun.  I will have two cards for you made with Blockheads Ghastlie Gang images.  LOL  Love these crazy images!  Have a great day!  Love ya.
Karen

10 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, such an adorable image and your coloured background and embossed folder is stunning :) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's adorable, I just love the colour and those gorgeous flowers. Thanks for playing along at Lexis creations. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet Karen! I LOVE the colors!! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamps R Us!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card!Love the bunny =)Thank you for joining us at Lexi´s Creations. Tineke DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty! I love the image - so sweet!! THANKS for joining us at Incy Wincy this week!
    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable Karen! The colours are gorgeous! Thanks for the "how to" for making the tulle rosettes!

    Debbie
    ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so super cute! Love those gorgeous flowers and that little heart on the bunny outfit!!! Gorgeous and thanks for joining us at iCopic!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  8. GASP!!! I LOVE those tulle rosettes! Oh my gosh! Those are so, so sweet! Your card is extra darling Karen! Thank you so much for joining us at iCopic this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! Your coloring is just superb! Thanks so much for playing at the Pink Elephant this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet!! Thank you for playing along at Incy Wincy this week x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.