Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dragonflies in Flight with Blockhead Stamps

Hello Dreamers!
I was experimenting with my Studio Paints again.  I added the  paint (did not add any water to the paint)  in broad strokes on a medium blue CS.  I love the results.



I used a stamp from Blockheads Paper arts from the Inspired by Nature Full Sheet.  This stamp is also available as a single on cling cushion.

Materials List:
Inspired by Nature Full Sheet
Studio Paints
   Blank Canvas (white)
   Smidge of Blue
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Clear Embossing Powder
Cardstock: Medium light blue, bright blue, and black
Rhinestones
Ribbon

I painted on the medium light blue CS and let the paint dry.  The dragonflies were stamped with Onyx Black ink and heat embossed with clear powder.



Cut three pieces of ribbon and tie a knot in each one.  Wrap the ribbon ends around the stamped piece and secure with glue.  Layer the stamped piece with black CS and mount it on a bright blue card base.  Add bright blue and clear rhinestones.



Well, that's about it for me today.  I wish you a great day filled with dreams and creativity!  Love ya.
Karen

2 comments:

  1. That cobalt blue is mesmerizing, Karen! I like the broad strokes you used for creating the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this fun and whimsical use of the studio paints. It makes such a vibrant background.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.