Friday, June 26, 2020

Near the Sea

Hello Everyone!
It is Summer!!  Plenty hot here in Michigan, USA. 90 degrees today.  I did quite a bit of yard work today.  Now, I am inside with the air conditioning and having fun making cards.  Today, I made a Summer theme card for the



This card is for week three and the theme is anything and everything Summer.    
Technique Junkies stamps must be used on the projects.



This sweet girl is spending time on the beach and forgetting all her troubles.
I used a color pallet the says sand and sea to me: White, blue, and coral pink.




Stamps used:
Beach Girl SD103
By the Sea  (set of six) SS060
Bold Shells S687




To make card:
1)  Stamp Beach Girl on glossy white CS ( this stamp has a lot of detail and this        is how I obtained the best impression).  I stamped with Black Soot Distress          ink.  This ink worked well because it is a very wet ink.  Just make sure to let        the ink dry before handling the piece.
2)  Die cut image.



3)  Make a card base from lite blue CS and layer with coral pink CS. 
4)  Stamp the sentiment onto the coral pink CS with Black Soot ink.
5)  Make the shell background by stamping Bold Shells on blackboard CS with          Versa Magic ink, Cloud White.  Make sure ink is completely dry before                handling.
6)   Layer all pieces and add blue tulle and pink ribbon




This image really make me long for about a week at the seaside.  All that fresh air......Oh how dreamy.   

So glad you stopped by today.  Happy Summer!!
Karen

2 comments:

  1. It's lovely! I was sure it was Versamagic ink, but I had to read your blog to be sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what an adorable card lovely image great design just love it - we are having a bit of windy and wet weather at the moment hopefully our sun will return x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.