Hope you are doing well. Doing good here. Still under stay at home order here in Michigan. It has been too cold to work out side so I have been making lots of cards. And, I decided to participate in the Event going on over on the Technique Junkies Blog ( see all the details on the blog). They are hosting a What We Do Best (WWDB) event on their blog and on Facebook.
Week three is to make a Thinking of You card and envelope. The idea is to send out cards now to show people we care. Technique Junkie Stamps must be used.
Here is my card and envelope:
Stamps used from Technique Junkies:
Vintage Floral Collage
Envelope: Fussy cut one of the flowers from the stamped image and layer with lace. Tied a sheer ribbon around the flower stem.
Distress ink from Ranger--
To create the effect on the card, I did three things.
- Inked the stamp with distress markers using different colors in different areas and stamping on Mixed Media paper...I thought the image need more definition after this step so...
- I inked the stamp with Black Archival ink and stamped again over the first stamping.
- Then I colored with the markers to add more color to the flowers.
I also distressed the edges of the stamped piece with distress inks. And, added several layers and lace with a sheer bow. The sentiment was die cut.
Inside: Fussy cut one of the flowers.
Here are some other stamped examples:
- Stamped with black Archival ink. Then stamped without reinking after stamping the second image below. This has very subtle coloring.
- stamped with gray ink. Re-inked with markers, spritzed with water, and stamped over first stamped (gray) image.
3. Stamped with black Archival ink and colored with Distress markers
4. The gray ink was a second stamping as was the markers. I added a little more water to the stamped and stamped over the gray image without reinking.
So, as you can see, I had a lot of fun with this Vintage Floral Collage stamp. Plenty of images now all ready to be made into projects.
One more card and envelope for the WWDB event to go: an encouragement card. I will share that next week. So glad you stopped by today. Have a lovely day.