Welcome to the second stop on the Technique Junkies July New Release Blog Hop. You should be arriving from the Design Junkies blog. The Design Team is celebrating the July New Release with this fun blog hop. I have used two of the new stamps. Check them out and pick your favs! The July New Releases will be on sale---15% off through July 8th,
Now, on to my Girly Road Trip card with a handmade background paper.
CS: White and pink
Memento Fireworks Lilac Posies spray ink
Cotton Twill Ribbon
- Make a card base from pink CS
- Stamp Chick Car on Velum - let ink dry and cut to size
- Make the background - This background was one of those "oops" moments that turned out really nice - I was spraying the cotton twill ribbon with the spray ink to color it. The over spray got on a plastic bag. I pressed the bag onto white cardstock and the effect was really dramatic. So, I repeated until the sheet was covered.
- Cut a piece of the background slightly larger than the stamped image on the velum
- Glue velum to background paper
- Wrap ribbon around this piece
- Glue to pink CS
- Stamp the Road Trip sentiment on pink CS with black ink
- Add to card with dimensional adhesive
- Tie ribbon around twill ribbon and glue to card
So cool!! What girlfriend would not love to receive this card in the mail??!! I think it just really conjures up fun memories. Now, it is time to head off into the sunset and check out the next step on the blog hop ---
She has fabulous projects for your enjoyment!! Have fun on the hop and don't forget to take advantage of the 15% off sale!! Hope you have a super day and so happy you stopped by!