Hope you are having a great week. The weather here is crazy: spring one day; winter the next. Spring is on the horizon. The robins are here and that's a sure sign of Spring.
Today's post showcases Technique Junkies March Releases. I have used one of the new stamps from the Palettini Collection [Vintage/shabby chic lovers dream stamp collection--by the way!!] to decorated a simple gift bag. I used lots of laces and trims from my stash to turn the plain bag into a shabby chic delight. LOL
Ink: Black from Memories
Kraft Gift Bag (I used a bag 8" x 10.5")
CS: dark brown
White Muslin (100% cotton)
Leather shoe lace
Sheer Brown Ribbon
Note: use Fabri-Tac glue through out to adhere all pieces
- Tear or cut a piece of muslin fabric to desired size about 4.5" x 6"
- Iron the fabric to remove all the wrinkles
- Stamp the image on the fabric with the Memories ink---Note: this ink is good for fabric even though it is a dye ink.
- Protect ironing board with a press cloth, lay stamped fabric down and cover with a press cloth and iron (no steam)
- Pressing with the iron will heat set the ink. I will not be washing this project obviously, but now the ink will not smear.
- Glue the fabric piece to dark brown CS--set aside
- Cut the corner off a vintage doily. Note:To keep the edges together, before cutting lay down a strip of tape in area where you want to cut; cut through the tape. Now, each edge of the doily will not unravel.
- Glue doily to bag
- Now add the stamped fabric piece
- Glue all the laces and trims to the bag
- Add the flowers and ribbon
- Tie lengths of brown sheer ribbon to the handle
I can fill this bag with home baked goodies, a gift, or use to store stamp supplies. Thanks for stopping in today. Check back later in the month for a second stamping on fabric project, Spring Tulip cards, and much more!! Love ya.