Time for a new challenge with the Vintage Stamping Challenge!! The new theme for the month of October is:
Use Die Cuts
Make a project with stamping and use at least one die cut item.
The challenge is sponsored by Flonz Craft Stamps!! They are offering a $25 gift certificate!!!
I am getting in the Holiday mood with a winter card! I used three different dies on this project and added some foil.....
Stamp: Merrie Christmas Set from Flonz Craft Stamps
Ink: Onyx Black Versa Fine; Faded Jeans Distress
Paper: Mixed Media paper pad
CS:White, navy, and light blue
Dies: Winter - Carta Bella; Joy and large Floral Shape- Stampin' Up;
Gold Acrylic Paint
- Make a card base from light blue CS
- Run a metallic marker along the edges
- Paint a piece of white CS with the gold paint; let dry
- Paint the edges of painted piece with Luminair paint; let dry
- Use the metallic maker on the edges
- Add to card front
- Cut the large floral shape from foil and white CS
- Glue the foil and white CS together; glue to back of card base letting a portion peek out
- Tear a page from the mixed media paper pad
- Stamp the Skater scene with Onyx Black ink
- Color the image with Distress Markers
- Distress edges with Faded Jeans ink and the metallic marker
- Add to card base
- Die cut the words from navy CS ----Note: for the word "joy" I had the word enjoy. I die cut it and snipped off the e and the n---presto the word joy
- Glue the words to the card with a glue pen
- To create the snow, apply a little bit of gesso with a cotton swab; let dry
Great winter card! I can use this for a Christmas card or just a winter greeting card. I hope you will join us this month for our Die cut Challenge!! See you soon.