Welcome to the Vintage Stamping Challenge Blog post! The theme for the month of July is:
Travel or Holidays (Vacations)
Please include some stamping and follow the theme. Your project does not have to be vintage. This challenge is sponsored by Flonz Craft Stamps. One winner will receive a $20 gift certificate to Flonz Craft!!
I made a collage type project with stamping and lots of ephemera. It is a card, but this could be used as a page or a small hanging piece.
Stamps: Old Steam Locomotive (Flonz Craft); numbers, and travel word
Ink: Onyx Black Versa-Fine
Distress Ink: Frayed Burlap, Antique Linen, Tea Dye
CS: cream, dark brown, yellow and blue textured
Ticket Die Cut - AMuse Studios
Various Ephemera- map, stamps, stamp images
- Make a card from blue textured CS
- Tear a large square form yellow CS
- Tear the edges of a map to fit the yellow CS -distress with the Distress inks
- Add map to card base
- Stamp the Locomotive on cream CS -distress edges and layer with dark brown CS
- Add to card base
- Distress the stamps and stamp ephemera and add to card
- Die cut two tickets and stamp with numbers; tear in half and add to card
- Stamp travel on cream CS and add to card
- Tie a knot in a leather lace and glue to card
I love how the stamps look on this piece. Some of them are real stamps from a package from New Zealand. And, of course, love that vintage looking locomotive stamp! Would love it if you made your own Travel themed project and link up on the Vintage Stamping Challenge Blog. See you next time!!