Has been a crazy week for me! My Mom fell and broke her arm last Sunday. We bought a new house and then backed out because the house inspection found lots of bad things. So now we are back to square one! Mom is doing pretty well and did not have to have surgery.
I squeezed in some time to create two projects using Carmen's Veranda Stamps. I used the same stamps on each project and changed the ink colors.
Dye Inks: Chocolate Chip and Blackberry Bliss - Stampin' Up
Chalk Ink: Pumpkin Spice and Jumbo Java (project #1); Pink Petunia and Red Magic (project #2) Versa Magic
Spray ink: Rouge Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist
Paper: Mixed Media - Strathmore
CS: Gold, Brown/Gray, Brown
Cotton Fabric Strips (torn)
- Make a base from Brown CS and add one layer gold/gray CS- tearing edges on project #2
- Stamp the Grunge Black Swirl on Mixed Media paper with Chocolate Chip ink
- Spray with Glimmer Mist and let dry
- Tear the bottom edge of one of the pieces
- Distress edges with Chalk inks and add to base
- Stamped the Butterfly Square with Blackberry Bliss ink
- Color the Butterfly Square with the watercolor crayons
- Distress edges with Chalk inks
- Add one layer of CS and add to card
- Add Pearls
- Tear strips of cotton fabric and tie in bow; glue to card
This version used chalk inks ink red tones and pink fabric for a totally different look. I tore the edges on this card. And tore the sheet out of the mixed media pad and did not trim off the edge.
Don't you just love this new CV background stamp??!! There is lots of potential with this stamp. Of course I got carried away and stamped about a zillion of them. LOL There is also a "White" version called Grunge White Swirl. --- I will have projects using the White version coming up.
Thanks for popping by and see you next time.