I hope you had a great holiday season! And, I wish you a new year filled with joy!!
I had a little time off from making cards over the holidays and just made one or two for immediate needs. So, I feel refreshed and ready to start creating again. Good thing too,as it is time for a new challenge on the Vintage Stamping Challenge Blog.
The theme of this month's challenge is:
New Year; New Stash
Make a project using your new stash and link up on the challenge blog. (Doesn't have to be vintage.)
The challenge is sponsored by Flonzcraft Stamps----They are offering a $20 gift certificate for one lucky winner.
I used some new stamps from Flonzcraft to create my design team project.
Stamps: Flowers Engraving and Vintage Fashion Girl - Twenties 2 both from Flonzcraft Stamps; scroll stamp
Ink: Vintage Sepia Versa Fine; Cameo Coral and Creamy Caramel from Stampin' Up
CS: Cream; Dark Brown; and Electric Red from My Favorite Things
Watercolor Crayons - Stampin' Up
Eye Lash Yarn
- Make a card from dark brown CS and layer with Electric Red CS
- On Cream CS, stamp the Flowers Engraving with Cameo Coral and Fashion Girls with Vintage Sepia ink
- lightly stamp a little scroll stamp with Creamy Coral in upper corner
- Distress the edges of the stamped piece with distressing tool and color the edges with the watercolor crayon
- Distress edges again
- Spray the watercolor crayon lightly with water and dry with heat gun ( I rubbed the crayon coloring with my finger to soften the edges before drying)
- Add to card front with dimensional adhesive
- Add a piece of lace to left edge and wrap eyelash yarn around card over lace
- Add pearls to corners
I had fun with this layout and made six versions.... LOL You know how I get carried away when I start to stamp! I will share the other versions with you this month.
So, let's see what you make with your new stash!! Just link up on the Vintage Challenge Blog!
A Few fun challenges for my vintage ladies
ABC- Challenge: A for anything goes
Simon's Wednesday: anything goes
Fashionable Stamping: turn up the heat- use a heat gun
Check back for the other versions later in the week. Hope you are having a happy Monday!! Love ya