Been kind of a not so good week. My husband was home sick. He tried going in today. He still does not feel good though. And, we have a busy weekend ahead too. The Dearborn Big Band is playing at the Michael Guido Performing Arts Center on Sunday ( Don is the director and trumpet player). So, a big day for the band.
Saturday, I am going to a fund raiser/card making day with my buddy, Sharon. Should be fun! Looking forward to getting out and making a few cards for fun after the hustle and bustle of the holidays.
I thought I would post two cards today. The cards are a variation on my Vintage Stamping Challenge project I posted two weeks ago here. The challenge runs all month and the details can be found here. The theme is "New Year - New Stash"
Here is Card one:
Stamps: Flowers Engraving and Vintage Fashion Girl - Twenties 2 both from Flonzcraft Stamps; speckles background stamp
Ink: Rich Cocoa, Toffee Crunch -Memento; Creamy Caramel from Stampin' Up
CS: Cream; Tobacco Brown; Black; Mustard yellow
Watercolor Crayons - Stampin' Up
- Make a card from tobacco brown mustard yellow CS
- Add a torn layer of black to the tobacco brown card
- On Cream CS, stamp the Flowers Engraving with Toffee Crunch and another with Creamy Caramel ink
- Stamp the Fashion Girls with Rich Cocoa ink
- Stamp speckles on the background with Creamy Caramel for card two
- Tear the edges of one stamped piece and distress the edges of the second stamped piece with distressing tool
- Color the edges with the watercolor crayon
- Distress edges again
- Spray the watercolor crayon lightly with water and dry with heat gun ( I rubbed the crayon coloring with my finger to soften the edges before drying)
- Add to the card base
- Add ribbons to each card
The cards are going in my to send box. They will be perfect for any occasion. I will add sentiments when I use them.
A Few Fun Challenges for my Vintage Ladies
Simon's Monday: inky background
4 Crafty Chicks: flowers
Just Inspirational: add a background stamp
Penny's Challenge: anything goes
Sisterhood of Crafters: anything goes with twist of new stash---my new stash---the Flower Engraving and Vintage Fashion Ladies stamps
I have three more cards made with the same stamps--They are not quite so distressed. I will share those next week. Hope you are having a great day! Love ya.