Hope you are having a nice weekend. I have been busy today doing this and that. The roast is in the crock pot and will be ready for dinner later in the day. So, now I have time to do a bit of blogging. I made some fun cards with the new stamps Woodgrain Background and the Owl set from Lost Coast Designs. (Both stamps can be found in the NEW category.)
My card for today also works for the October Lost Coast Challenge. There is a $10 gift certificate up for grabs. All you have to do is make a project using a Lost Coast Design Stamp and follow the theme.
The theme is Wings
Inks: Mossy Mixed Media; Rich Cocoa and Toffee Crunch Memento
CS: white, green, and brown
- Make a card from brown CS and layer with green CS
- On white CS, stamp the Woodgrain background with Mossy ink
- On a second piece of white CS, stamp the owls with Rich Cocoa ink
- Color owls with Distress Markers and cut out the owls
- Stamp the Yourba Adire background stamp with Toffee ink and cut out one strip
- Glue the strip to the background, wrap with twine, and add to card front
- Add the owls and a piece of burlap ( this is the nest)
This would be a fun Halloween card or just an any time card. I love the owls--they are so fun. I have more of them coming up.
*********A Few fun challenges for my Owl in Nest:
4 Krafty Girlz: anything goes
Inspiration Destination: anything goes
Treasured Times Stamps: anything goes
Well, that's about it for now. I will be back next time with a tag, more of the Taylored Expressions stamps, and another Owl card. See you then. Love ya.