Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Love Birds

Hello Everyone!
Hope you had a great weekend.  We got a way for a bit this weekend to the great outdoors.  Visited Hartwick Pines State Park.  Lots of clean, fresh air and beautiful trees.  The leaves are just starting to change and the colors were gorgeous. Here is one picture that I took.   I have a few more photos that I will share in another post.

Hartwick Pines, Michigan



I made two more cards with the Splish Splash stamp and die set from Taylored Expressions.  See the other projects here and here.   I stamped the birds, hearts and flowers to make the love themed cards.  I think I may use them for Valentines.  That is a way off, but I can put them in my "to send" card box and they will be fine until February.  

Reminder: Taylored Expressions is sponsoring the Love To Scrap Challenge right now.  The theme is Anything Goes!!!!   You must stamp something and no digis are allowed for this challenge.

CARD ONE:


Materials:
Stamps:  Splish Splash stamp and die set from Taylored Expressions
Ink: Black die
CS: White;
Card One: Wisteria Wonder and Almost Amethyst from Stampin' UP
Card Two: Real Red and Crisp Cantaloupe from Stampin' UP
Polka dot embossing folder - Cuttlebug
Copic Markers
Red Stickles
Red Bakers Twine
Red and Lavender Ribbons




Instructions:

  • Make a white card 
  • Dry emboss white CS and layer onto the white card
  • Stamp the images and color with Copic Markers
  • Layer image with the two lavender CS's
  • Add to card
  • Tie ribbon in bow and add to card



 CARD TWO:


The second card is made the same way, except that I tied bakers twine around the stamped piece and added some red Stickles the the hearts.


Totally cute stamp set!!  So many ways to use this set.  And, you can make cards for any season.
*******************How about a few challenges for my Love Birds:
Paper Take Weekly: Super Fly-anything with wings
Through the craftroom door: anything goes
Cutie Pie: cute and Perfectly purple
The Paper Girls: use solid Cardstock

I am working a few Halloween cards right now.  These are cards that I will send out to my friends and family.  I will share a few of them as they are finished.  I am using some of my older stamps and a few new things too.  I am doing something with a Halloween napkin too........ Stayed tuned for that!!  Up next: A project from Lost Coast Designs--very owly.  See you then.  Love ya.
Karen

6 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card and I love that gorgeous bow!
    Thank you for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen both cards are beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two gorgeous cards, love the spotty bow on the purple one. Thank you for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge this month. Shona xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie's. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck on that challenge and the cards are so cute...
    hugs bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cards, love that bow on the first one!!
    Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges.
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.